BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...I'm thinking about getting the 997tt..I currently own an m6 and want to drive something new...I'm not famaliar with porsches at all..i've always been a bmw guy..so..here is the question...how is it different? and is it a daily driver like an m6? what would be my 24 months lease payment??

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Daily driver yes
Turbo lag may annoy you
More direct and tossable feeling than the M6
You may want exhaust and chip and short shifter
You may miss the little luxuries of the M6 like full leather, heads up, comfort access satellite and the far better nav system

997tt is a great car. Take one for a test drive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm the opposite, first BMW after many Porsches, mostly turbos. They make a great daily driver. Much more nimble than an M6, great gas mileage, especiallly on the road, docile when you want but extremely quick when the urge hits. Turbo lag is much better in comparison to the older cars. You will miss the room and rear trunk. Fit and finish are second to none.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Daily driver yes
Turbo lag may annoy you
You may miss the little luxuries of the M6 like full leather, heads up, comfort access satellite and the far better nav system

I thought the 911 turbos came with full leather interiors? Don't they?

Jacob Church

·
Registered
252 Posts

Jacob Church
It all depends. Full leather - no. Extended leather - yes. The 911 - or Porsche in general - is the most "customizable" car available in the US. You can even get a leather-headliner - it's just optional and expensive.

So if money is not an issue, you can get a 911 with leather everywhere - even on the interior rear-view mirror-cover...:haha:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

Jacob Church
The do in Canada. The full leather on the M is just a bit nicer than that in the P in my opinion.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yea. It says on the USA website they have full leather. Ever one that I have seen in person or photos of seem to have the full leather interior.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Daily driver yes
Turbo lag may annoy you

off course it have full leather.
it almost dont have lag. VERY POWERFULL!

luxurie? no doubt that its interior is so much better THAN the poor new interiors of BMW's(sorry but IMHO:rolleyes:).

it goes to the market and win any drag race!:haha:

·
Registered
274 Posts
very little to no lag, thats the purpose of the variable turbine geometry, fit and finish are nice but doors dont have same bmw heavy feel, as for comparisons to m6, is like this m6 is a gulfstream business jet Porsche turbo is an f-22 raptor, I bet the Porsche has more usable rear seat volume

1 - 10 of 10 Posts