BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Porsche 911 owner for about 20 years and have owned four Porsches all 911's. My last one was a 996 and I had the car for about 2 years. The car was fun to drive and was reliable, however it was not a car to take long trips on. The ride was quite harsh and would get to you after a while. The trim and finish was not that of a $72,000 car.(probably a $40,000). With all that said I went to my local dealer who sells Porsche ,BMW,and Mercedes benz. They had a used E55 and a M5 both with about 2,000 miles. I was able to test drive both cars and was able to drive them hard. Both of these automobiles are first class and will give a hell of a ride. After much thinking I traded my 996 in and bought the M5 and I have not looked back since. The car is immaculate no scratches,dings and is showroom new. Jet black,sportive interior rear shades and built-in garage door opener. The car is fast,quiet,very well put together and will give my old 996 a run from 0 to 60,after that is all M5.. With out doubt this is the best car I have owned. By the way this is my first Bimmer and I am sure it wont be the last....... lou1947

1 - 2 of 2 Posts