Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Congrats, you like blue huh?
The M3 looks much more aggressive right out of the box.

Ranger

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your thoughts :M5thumbs:

Yes, its very interesting to see the M siblings side by side -- you can see how both cars have similar design language and how the lines flow, despite the difference in size and 4 door vs 2 door. Its also interesting to contrast the appearance -- the M3 just burst with aggression like a hot headed younger brother while the M5 is more understated like an even tempered older brother ... lol

Love the blue look because it is less common than the usual black / silver / white that every car seems to run around here. And the ///M exclusive blues looks great

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys -- yes, love the clean and pristine look. Unfortuately, it doesn't last very long once you start driving and tracking -- Paint protection films are a must :cool:

And yes, like the UK, we do drive on the right side of the road -- read somewhere that it originated in the Middle Ages so this way, you keep your right side / right arm -- sword / lance facing the opposing side in case of any trouble lol !

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Congrates on your beast....nice color.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
I dont think it has the Competition Package however?

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GdUCG-4LTLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GdUCG-4LTLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is amazing the different types of M3 that is being rolled out. If I am not mistaken, the M3 Edition is different from the M3 Competition Package.

The M3 in these pictures should be the M3 Edition -- see attached press release (BMW introduces exclusive M3 Edition models — Autoblog) and the pictures at the 2009 Frankfurt Auto Show (Frankfurt Auto Show: BMW M3 Edition Monte Carlo Blue).

So it has the black engine compartment openings, black kidney gills, side gills, tailpipes and side mirrors as well as the black rims and the lowered suspension of the M3 Edition. But no CF front apron and rear spoiler etc. of the Competition Package.

The M3 Edition looks to be separate and distinct from the MY2011 M3 Competition Package which features these addition items e.g. the prominent CF front apron and rear spoiler that was seen in Gustav's video -- see attached press release and pics (2011 BMW M3 Competition Package Official Details and Photos Released). As a result the M3 edition would not have the M3 Competition's Start Stop function and additional Sport Mode for the EDC.

Its interesting to see how much bigger and taller the M5 compared to these special edition M3s and despite this, you've never guessed who has the faster acceleration and speed ... lol :flag:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Both cars look fantastic. I like the look of the facelifted M5, and that M3 color is fantastic. I'd kill to own both :cool2:

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys -- glad you enjoyed two of the last N.A. ///M heroes :flag::flag:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Both Ms look beautiful congrats!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts