BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

$90,000 + Price Tag

4K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  M! 
#1 ·
I haven't seen too much in term of disussion around the US based pricing for the new M5. Seen two articles lately quoting $90k+. What are your thoughts about this?

If you are spending $90K is this the car you want or are there others?

Does $90K put the new M5 out of reach for current M5 owners? ouich :

Your Thoughts?

#4 ·
My dad was in talking to one of the salesman at Stevens Creek BMW in the bay area when he dropped his 540 off for service. The guy said to expect a 20-30k markup plus it will be limited in quanity so it will be hard to find. My dad walked out and didnt put a deposit down because of that BS but hopefully he will find a dealership without the insane markup.

#7 ·
If this is the neighborhood of the projected price, that is the price in Fall of 2005 through the next year, then the E55 will probably be more expensive also.

If I lived on the West Coast, I think I would simply get on the waiting list of an East Coast dealer. The dealers in the North Georgia (at least the 4 that I talked to) are going to sell the M5s at sticker. You may or may not have to wait longer than the West Coast. If California dealers are only going to mark them up $5000 it would still be worth it.

#9 ·
m34ever said:
My dad was in talking to one of the salesman at Stevens Creek BMW in the bay area when he dropped his 540 off for service. The guy said to expect a 20-30k markup plus it will be limited in quanity so it will be hard to find. My dad walked out and didnt put a deposit down because of that BS but hopefully he will find a dealership without the insane markup.
Anyone in Cali looking for a dealer who sells at MSRP, call Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillio. I'm number 2 at their list and its where I bought my E46 M3 Cab at sticker when everyone else was charging huge markups. They even picked me up at the airport and drove me to the dealer to get the car. Very very happy!

They are truly a NO BS dealer!

#10 ·
Here are the Dealers who told me they will be selling at MSRP.

ATHENS BMW
3040 ATLANTA HWY - ATHENS, GA 30606-6967
706-549-5340 (Phone) 706-546-7928 (Fax)
www.athensbmw.com
BMW OF MACON
111 RIVERSIDE PKWY - MACON, GA 31210-1841
478-757-7000 (Phone) 478-757-1801 (Fax)
www.bmwofmacon.com
UNITED BMW
3264 COMMERCE AVE - DULUTH, GA 30096-4711
770-476-8800 (Phone) 770-622-8272 (Fax)
www.unitedbmw.com
NALLEY BMW OF DECATUR
1606 CHURCH ST - DECATUR, GA 30033-5905
404-292-1400 (Phone) 404-292-7434 (Fax)
www.nalleybmw.com

UNITED BMW
11458 ALPHARETTA HWY - ROSWELL, GA 30076-3801
678-832-4600 (Phone) 678-802-3577 (Fax)
www.unitedbmw.com

#11 ·
Any members in Canada have any thoughts on the Canadian price? I wonder if with the strong CDN dollar, the price would be more of a conversion from the US$ than an abritrary number that BMW think Canadians will pay. I've seen magazine estimates of $125K CDN, but US 90K conversions put it more around $106K.

#12 ·
csco32 said:
Any members in Canada have any thoughts on the Canadian price? I wonder if with the strong CDN dollar, the price would be more of a conversion from the US$ than an abritrary number that BMW think Canadians will pay. I've seen magazine estimates of $125K CDN, but US 90K conversions put it more around $106K.
I have the exact thought as you do lately. If the Canadian price is $106K, then it will be a steal for an M5 (the base price for 997S is $115K here.) For all the new car prices that I saw by comparing US and Canadian car dealers, the average exchange rate is about 1.40.
By 2005, if the Canadian car prices do not adjust close to the reality US:Canadian exchange rate of about 1.20 (or whatever it may be), then I can see myself and some of my friends heading south for car purchases.

#13 ·
csco32 said:
there is not a significant change in CAD<>EURO exchange, is there?

i can guarantee you the Canadian MSRP will not be a true correlation to the current exchange rate compare to the US. BMW has to eat a little of the drop in USD by cheaping out on standard options and stay competitive at $90k or so without excessively inflating the price due to weak USD.

BMW canada works on their own scale. For them, if CAD is strong then they are making money. as far as i know there is not much difference in MY 2005 pricing. honestly, they would not be lowering car prices to the exchange and then having their MSRP, lease, and future resale all screwed up. Chances are, they will keep them where they are in line with the other manufacturers.

and, keeping it at $125k or so CAD would not hurt sales either. It is very unlikely that you can find unmarkedup cars at MSRP from the US for the first year and bring them up here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.