BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to start the car yesterday and the engine flooded. I pulled the spark plugs and they were soaked with gas. I cleaned and reinstalled still no start. Pulled the plugs again and they were soaked again. Has anyone ever experienced this? It seems the injectors are dumping wide open or something? Any clues as to the problem would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am definately getting spark. The gas is pouring in so fast it has fouled the plugs, exhaust and oil. i am ordering new plugs and a throttle switch, i think the switch has the wide open position stuck or something. Thanks again for your replies to my problems! I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
It's good news that you are getting a spark .

I wonder whether a temp sensor or AFM fault is causing the engine to overfuel ..........

Has the car been standing for a while ?

D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car was driven the day before. I pulled the AFM and the vane seems to be working properly. I am considering changing over to the Turner MAF. Any experience with this mod?

This no start happened once before. I was able to clean the plugs (which were new) and it fired right up.Thank the lord for the in trunk tool kit!!
It seems the throttle switch, AFM and one temp sensor are the majority of the fuel demand chain. I'm in the process of troubleshooting the system. One stripped throttle switch screw is in the way at the moment. All the ignition parts were replaced last year when I bought her (96k on it now). The last attempt to start it sent the guys scrambling out of the garage, since there was so much fuel being shot thru the system they feared the worst. I stopped cranking in any case after 10 seconds, since I once experienced a 320 in the shop which was a no start, then after replacing something the mechanic fired it up again and promptly exploded up the exhaust system! Not a pretty sight and quite loud to boot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts