BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a ticket tonight on the way home from work. Illinois State police are "cracking down" on I-90 speeders. They got me on laser about 1/2 a mile after a tollbooth. As a rule, the police stay off the expressways during morning and evening commutes unless they have to respond to an accident but I guess they changed the rules. I have the V1 laser alert turned off because of all the LED taillights that set it off, so I suppose it's my own fault I got the ticket in a couple of ways. Luckily 40mph over the limit is considered "reckless" in Illinois although I do have to appear in court.

This car... I tell ya it just wants to go.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Sorry Jamie, that stinks. Maybe think about Lidatek, you don't want to lose your license. :sad2:

·
Registered
116 Posts
jhowton said:
Got a ticket tonight on the way home from work. Illinois State police are "cracking down" on I-90 speeders. They got me on laser about 1/2 a mile after a tollbooth. As a rule, the police stay off the expressways during morning and evening commutes unless they have to respond to an accident but I guess they changed the rules. I have the V1 laser alert turned off because of all the LED taillights that set it off, so I suppose it's my own fault I got the ticket in a couple of ways. Luckily 40mph over the limit is considered "reckless" in Illinois although I do have to appear in court.

This car... I tell ya it just wants to go.
That wasn't you I saw last Thursday on I-55 southbound around midnight was it? I saw a carbon black M5 on the way home and boy did we have some fun (and exceeded the speed limit by a lot more than 40mph! ((safely I might add...traffic was very light)).

--Mike

·
Registered
590 Posts
PA cops are cracking down too. My son just got a ticket in his 325I for 99 in a 65mph zone on the PA turnpike. Course I told him he was very foolish and took his car and license away for awhile. Wow what a pain in the a**.

Joe

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
e39m5nut said:
That wasn't you I saw last Thursday on I-55 southbound around midnight was it? I saw a carbon black M5 on the way home and boy did we have some fun (and exceeded the speed limit by a lot more than 40mph! ((safely I might add...traffic was very light)).

--Mike
No, wasn't me. I pretty much travel I-90 between Chicago and Huntley, then around town at either end. I never drive faster than 86MPH. ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cop seems to be on alert in Maryland also. I was just in court last week, and Judge was giving 1 year probation before judgement on all small infractions, and 1 hours of community service for each mile over the speed limit up to 80, and then your community service doubled over 80 miles/hr+. It can get pretty painful very quickly.

·
Registered
439 Posts
that realy s*x cause i goto court in carol county for speeding on wens this week. 78 in a 55... my first speeding ticket.:(
i hope they just fine the poop out of me and no points ..

ray

igorkb said:
Cop seems to be on alert in Maryland also. I was just in court last week, and Judge was giving 1 year probation before judgement on all small infractions, and 1 hours of community service for each mile over the speed limit up to 80, and then your community service doubled over 80 miles/hr+. It can get pretty painful very quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts