BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,,,,,,
recently i bought a S6S 560G transmission from a UK RHD car i want to track the gearbox if possible

underneath it have a stamp,,, 000 2080 and LC or LO or LG

is there anyone outhere as a CSI owner who have noticed if their gearbox have a nr stamp,, thats suits the cars vin code,, ??

it was also written on the bellhousing with chalk,, J 26677,,,,,,,,, but i dont know if thats count

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looked at the gearbox in an 850csi I'm breaking for parts, stamped on it is 000 2004 LR. No numbers match the cars VIN so I don't know what they mean?

Ok,, thanks so much

The guys at BMW M/// registry had no clue either

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What car is your gearbox going in? 850csi or a V12 project?
Ahhh,,,

yes the the gearbox have been mounted to the M70 ,, with flywheel ,, pressure,, disc and bearing and engine is in the car

there is NO 850 CSI here in Iceland,, but a guy here ,, Fatandre,, have a 850ia,, that have been converted to CSI ,, car is located in Poland

there is no other S6S 560 gearbox here,, so i am the owner of the only V12 BMW gearbox here on the island in north atlantic,,,,,, and yes i like that
VERY MUCH........

after seeing the oem S62 clutch,, i am stunned that the BMW Engineers took that decision to put this ****ty 240mm dualmass flywheel combo to this magificent engine,, even the E34 540 have 265mm clutch

All the old great stuff,, from MB and BMW that was made before 2000 is the real heavy duty ,, everything to day is calculated to the max,,

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ahhh,,,

yes the the gearbox have been mounted to the M70 ,, with flywheel ,, pressure,, disc and bearing and engine is in the car

there is NO 850 CSI here in Iceland,, but a guy here ,, Fatandre,, have a 850ia,, that have been converted to CSI ,, car is located in Poland

there is no other S6S 560 gearbox here,, so i am the owner of the only V12 BMW gearbox here on the island in north atlantic,,,,,, and yes i like that
VERY MUCH........

after seeing the oem S62 clutch,, i am stunned that the BMW Engineers took that decision to put this ****ty 240mm dualmass flywheel combo to this magificent engine,, even the E34 540 have 265mm clutch

All the old great stuff,, from MB and BMW that was made before 2000 is the real heavy duty ,, everything to day is calculated to the max,,

Thanks for the answer. What's the car you are putting V12 in e34, e31?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts