BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Well,i can't see the price but thats one car i would really love to have.

·
Registered
669 Posts
jon140 said:
Looks great! You have so many nice Alpinas over there. Btw whats the difference between B7 and B7s ?
that is what I was wondering? What is an "S"
Very nice car - how much are they asking for it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
GaAlpinaowner said:
that is what I was wondering? What is an "S"
Very nice car - how much are they asking for it?
The difference between a 'normal' B7 turbo and a B7 turboS is its engine. The B7 Turbo originally used a 2986 cc Turbo engine with 300 hp and 462 Nm Torque and was build 149 times between 12/1978 and 02/1982.
The B7 TurboS used a 3453 cc engine. Performance was up to 330 hp and torque was 500 Nm. This version was build 60 times during 11/1981 to 05/1982. They where based on the first 5-series (E12).
This car is very rare these days so if its in good shape go for it, you have a little piece of history there.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Someone sent me this link and I was very impressed. I really have a thing for the E12 B7S Turbo and it is pretty much the only E12 that would tempt me to sell my beloved E12 M535i.

Total BMW magazine did a report on one a while back that is in the UK and the article said Alpina estimated there might be 15-18 of them left in the world. Truly a rare, cool, and fast E12.

Sorry, I can't resist adding some pictures to this thread since my engine rebuild on my E12 M535i is complete. If garage space (and money) were unlimited, I would already own a B7S Turbo E12 to go with my M535i.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
theres only one word for that car amazing and its a fuc..n bargain it looks like its never been used.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
flipwils11 said:
Total BMW magazine did a report on one a while back that is in the UK and the article said Alpina estimated there might be 15-18 of them left in the world. Truly a rare, cool, and fast E12.
I think that there are more surviving B7S then the figure from Total BMW. Back in 2001, I spoke to an Alpina collector who both owned an E12 B7 and E12 B7S and he said that the majority of the B7S always where owned by enthusiasts. This in contrary to the regular B7 that mostly where used as daily cars.

·
Administrator
8,801 Posts
raymond woertman said:
I think that there are more surviving B7S then the figure from Total BMW. Back in 2001, I spoke to an Alpina collector who both owned an E12 B7 and E12 B7S and he said that the majority of the B7S always where owned by enthusiasts. This in contrary to the regular B7 that mostly where used as daily cars.
I agree. Although saying that I know of at least 2 B7S which were destroyed.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
This may well be the B7s that I bid on in early July. It was for sale at a japanese auction house and I bid on it through contacts a friend of mine has in Japan.

As I could only go on 2 sketchy pics and the auction house's report, I was hesitant about going in too hard. So I only bid up to 830,000yen and was outbid by someone who went to 840,000yen.

This works out to a little over 6000Euro!

Cheers

·
Registered
201 Posts
If it is the same car, then 6000 Euros is a bargain for a real B7S, even if it needs some work. It looks real nice in the photos though but appears that it was bought by a dealer to turn around and resell for a profit?

I would love to see another one of these come to the US. There are rumoured to be three of them in the US, I know of two, but the whereabouts are very sketchy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sherlock, nah, its gone. but i think i saw it somewhere else. let you know if thats the case then. rgds,

·
Registered
476 Posts
getnoir> thanks man for your swift reply. If this B7S or other B7S is available for sale in Japan, or a B8 cab, I'm interested. Seems that lots of old alpinas are being very well maintained in Japan. Your help is much appreciated .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no prob, more than happy to. there is another b7s with 94km at eur 19.3k as opposed to the other one with 146km at eur 11.1k. as you can see, the shop here is specializing alpinas and is known for good conditioned cars (especially for oldtimers). rgds,

http://www.a-glanz.com/stock.php

1 - 20 of 23 Posts