BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I had my front upper and lower arms replaced along with complete track rods and full alignment due to a slight braking and accelerating vibration at 50-60 mph. Now that has gone and the car feels nice and tight but above 80mph I have a very slight steering vibration. I have checked tyre pressures and they are all good and this vibration was not there before having the work carried out.

Does anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi guys I had my front upper and lower arms replaced along with complete track rods and full alignment due to a slight braking and accelerating vibration at 50-60 mph. Now that has gone and the car feels nice and tight but above 80mph I have a very slight steering vibration. I have checked tyre pressures and they are all good and this vibration was not there before having the work carried out.

What tires are you running?

·
8,369 Posts
Could be wheels not perfectly balanced, or not perfectly mounted...
As Roseng said it could be tires too...

Take it to a good wheel and tire shop and they would know what to do.

Dan

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running toyo proxes and the wheels were balanced on the hunter balancing machine, I've retorqued the wheels let's see if that makes a difference...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I agree with all above. Could well be because you've pulled the car back into alignment but still using the existing tyres, the new, correct stance is highlighting tyre deformities/misalignments. A re balance may not help, I had a similar issue once but with Pirelli P Zeros, which I've always found to deform really easily.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys bit of an update I had the wheels balanced again on the hunter machine, still the same problem. I'm thinking it maybe that the arms I have fitted are not original, they are made in the lemforder factory (twr) and are seen as oem quality but I'm not so sure now....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't know if it would be the same for the front, but I got a vibration in the rear that was very difficult to place. At first it felt like a vibration in the whole car. I actually suspected misfiring. As the wear got worse it was easier to pinpoint it to the wheel bearings.
I think that because these cars are so brutal, anything beeing slightly worn can cause vibrations.
The vibration I got was most precent 50-70mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts