1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question:

2001 M5
2004 745Li

Would you trade your M5 for a 2004 745Li (price not an issue)? I just want to know the boards opinion on the 745Li comparing it to an M5.

·
Banned
265 Posts
There is no comparison really.

Unless you were to slow down a lot and want a really ugly car.:cool:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Depends on what you want in a car... The 745iL is a great, spacious car, but no performer at all. I wouldn't mind having one, but not instead of the beast :M5launch:

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
Does a chauffeur's cap come with the 745Li?

:M5launch:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
they are two different cars

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
its the old engine in the E66. Don't get it. Settle for a V12 at least, even the 50's aren't that impressive.

But if you want rear leg room, its a fantastic car. The rest of the car is pretty solid too, but make sure to get a low-miler as I have found the difference in that is HUGE with the E65/66 chassis.

·
10,456 Posts
there really is a huge difference between the two dynamically. That said, i instructed a guy at a track day once with a 745li and was impressed with how well it handled itself. It really moves for a big car. Looks are subjective, i tend to think it's a mean looking sedan. I'd imagine they're relatively cheap now, as a used car buy.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
I LOVE the looks! I've had the picture for ages <<<<<<<

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
ewww, 745 is ugly

go get an Audi A8L, much nicer and sexier

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
AND it weighs as much although it being alloy.

Also, interior quality is way down the line compared to E66

·
Registered
864 Posts
I test drove one before buying the m5 and it seemed very big. I then went for a test drive in the m5 and bought it on the spot. The 745 is a nice car but can't stand next to the m5 in performance.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'd stay away from the 745i/745Li. If you can stretch get the far better looking 750Li. Looks great in white.

Of course it' hard to beat Le Mans Blue M5 but that clutch gets a workout so get certification if you go that route.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I think it would be cool to have a 760i, would I buy one? Probably not. Would I trade my M5 for one? Heeeellllllll no!

·
Registered
691 Posts
If you can stretch get the far better looking 750Li.
Unless you are asking to compare a performance sports car (ie 996TT) vs the M5, an M5 board is rarely going to advocate the purchase of any other vehicle . . . That said, I have to agree with this comment above, I am not a fan, nor have I heard very good reviews of the 745, but the 750 . . . it's a nice car. Not "better" than the M5, just different--

I love sitting in the back when my buddy drives his, makes me feel important. :) KH

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
This is like comparing Martha Stewart and Pamela Anderson.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
There is no comparison really.

Unless you were to slow down a lot and want a really ugly car.
+1 !!!

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
for her age martha stewart is pretty hot. i'd tap it.

pamela anderson however, i wouldn't get near without a full body condom and some bleach.
<<<

Just trying to modernize "apples vs oranges.":dunno: Point is...depending on whether it's dinner time or bed time, they're both nice.

I was at a nightclub in Vegas last year (Moon) when the DJ announced: "Pamela Anderson...in the HOUSE!!" I was thinking: "who cares?", when some dude near me yells out: "WHO CARES!?":p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts