BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No warrantee issues & passes emissions. Yes it is expensive, but no mods are required to down pipes or catalysts.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on attending Timmyfest 2015 and probably will run it on the dyno. Eric will be bringing my old 2003 M5 S3 and putting it through its paces at the drags with its new built motor. If we campaigned both I believe we'd be tempting fate. But then again, who knows?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IIRC, with just the Akrapovic exhaust my MY2014 F10 trapped around 124 MPH with a terrible 12.5 ET at TF 2014. Of course it was the first time for my son drag racing an unfamiliar car. I would hope the F10 would trap close to 130 mph with all the Dinan mods.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I plan on attending Timmyfest 2015 and probably will run it on the dyno. Eric will be bringing my old 2003 M5 S3 and putting it through its paces at the drags with its new built motor. If we campaigned both I believe we'd be tempting fate. But then again, who knows?
I would suggest putting the F10 on the drag strip instead of the S3 E39. You are more likely to run into issues with the S3 (I am thinking clutch might be a weak point but don't know the exact mods you did)...plus you already have a kick *** drag strip time for the S3...get a good one with the F10 S2. :7:

·
Registered
222 Posts
IIRC, with just the Akrapovic exhaust my MY2014 F10 trapped around 124 MPH with a terrible 12.5 ET at TF 2014. Of course it was the first time for my son drag racing an unfamiliar car. I would hope the F10 would trap close to 130 mph with all the Dinan mods.
Will be interesting to see what a Dinan S2 does vs a BMS set to 3.0-3.5. Seems those cars are now running 128+ in good weather.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would suggest putting the F10 on the drag strip instead of the S3 E39. You are more likely to run into issues with the S3 (I am thinking clutch might be a weak point but don't know the exact mods you did)...plus you already have a kick *** drag strip time for the S3...get a good one with the F10 S2. :7:

I hear you, but we just spent a lot of money building the motor in my son's 2003 M5 - S3 and it has a good clutch (Dinan S3). An option under consideration is the VAC triple disk (thanks Peter). The F10 is my toy. And we have drag radials for the E39....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remapped my Dinan stage 1

I originally had the stage 1 upgrade installed and was disappointed with the results. Dinan was very responsive and said they had a remapping in the works and would notify me when it was available. They called me last Friday and instructed me to take it back to my original installer, Performing Imports in Roswell, Ga. Ron performed a remap free of charge and the difference is very substantial. Pulls stronger in every gear. Easily 100 plus hp over stock by seat of pants dyno. Very impressed with results and with Dinan's concern to correct issue.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I originally had the stage 1 upgrade installed and was disappointed with the results. Dinan was very responsive and said they had a remapping in the works and would notify me when it was available. They called me last Friday and instructed me to take it back to my original installer, Performing Imports in Roswell, Ga. Ron performed a remap free of charge and the difference is very substantial. Pulls stronger in every gear. Easily 100 plus hp over stock by seat of pants dyno. Very impressed with results and with Dinan's concern to correct issue.
That's good to hear & exactly the levels of Customer service you should get with such an investment.

A decent remap should defo be offering up mid to high 600's by my experience. That said mine's being tweaked in a couple of weeks & word on the street is we could replace the 6 with a 7:biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Will be interesting to see what a Dinan S2 does vs a BMS set to 3.0-3.5. Seems those cars are now running 128+ in good weather.
Actually a BMS tuned F10 M5 just trapped at 130 mph. The time slip is up on Germanboost.com.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It will be interesting to see the comparisons. A MY 2014 F10 CP with just bolt ons, that has a warrantee & passes emissions vs F10s with race (or no) cats & modified down pipes. If Dinan's HP & TRQ figures for Stage 2 DINANTRONICS are credible, the trap speeds should be close. But I digress. I didn't build this beast to be anything other than my daily driver. My former 2003 M5 S3 (now Eric's) now has a new built motor. As an S3 she ran 11.7 @122 mph back 2008 or 2009. We hope to significantly better those numbers.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I'll be happy to drive the F10 at Timmayfest 2015 if you like. :thinkerg:

So, where do you keep the clutch pedal again?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stage 2 DINANTRONICS software upgrade scheduled for my F10 this coming Monday.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
DINANTRONICS update: initial impressions. Much faster revving. Hit the rev-limiter in an eye blink pulling on to Route 208 South. Memo to self - don't try to manually shift in 1st gear. Different exhaust note. Planning to put it through its paces on the Rogue Engineering Dyno. And right after the software upgrade it passed NY State annual emissions testing. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
DINANTRONICS update: initial impressions. Much faster revving. Hit the rev-limiter in an eye blink pulling on to Route 208 South. Memo to self - don't try to manually shift in 1st gear. Different exhaust note. Planning to put it through its paces on the Rogue Engineering Dyno. And right after the software upgrade it passed NY State annual emissions testing. Stay tuned.
:goldcup:hiha

·
Registered
232 Posts
German Muscle

Nothing short of awesome power potential as well as something to look forward to. Congrats on taking the dive with a mod that many have not stepped up to yet.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nothing short of awesome power potential as well as something to look forward to. Congrats on taking the dive with a mod that many have not stepped up to yet.

I've had good success with Dinan in my MY2003 M5 S2 and later the S3. Plus I really like not having warrantee or emission issues. I don't mind paying a premium for that peace of mind, plus AFAIK the HP & TRQ are about as good as it gets.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
I've had good success with Dinan in my MY2003 M5 S2 and later the S3. Plus I really like not having warrantee or emission issues. I don't mind paying a premium for that peace of mind, plus AFAIK the HP & TRQ are about as good as it gets.
That is an incredible amount of power from just software. I wonder why BMW left so much power "on the table"? But 700 hp must be just a blast to drive!!:2:

Regards,
Jerry

Reactions: Kelster
1 - 20 of 135 Posts