BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone recall the car/fellow who had an E39 for sale listed in the Dupont Registry at one point...said the car was a one off Dinan which was customized to attain 700hp??...The fellow was/is known as the Car Doctor out in the Hamptons....does anyone know what exactly was done to the car??
Regards
S

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
sergio i do remeber reading the listing on that car it was supercharged and other mods done to the internals

·
Registered
446 Posts
what is a "one off Dinan?"

Serious question and excuse my ignorance, please.

TIA

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the thread on this...car was for sale last year...still not sold...LOL
S

·
Registered
543 Posts
Was this the Dinan S3 model that they retracted?

·
Registered
877 Posts
You dont mean Josh's (PhillyM5) car do you? His car was a Discovery Automotive car 680 rwhp with the boost turned down. His car was/is for sale and was in Dupot.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HIWPE8fvJZI

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I remember the car..

What I remember is that the asking price was something like $165k or something quite outrageous. It was owned by a NASCAR driver, and it had extensive interior work, including a bunch of TV monitors, etc. I think it was an "S3+", meaning it had the basic S3 supercharger set up 'uptuned' to 700 hp. Dinan is able to uptune engines on special order. I'd guess this would involve a little higher boost, maybe more aggressive cams, etc. I don't recall reading anything about work done on the engine internals.

I've often wondered whatever became of that car....

Dave

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Josh Josh Josh... get real man... An over-the-top pro-charged retro ride would make a nice toy, but at our advanced ages, the creature comforts of a sick semi-sleeper german luxo sedan are not to be taken lightly...:hihihi:

D

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remember the car..

What I remember is that the asking price was something like $165k or something quite outrageous. It was owned by a NASCAR driver, and it had extensive interior work, including a bunch of TV monitors, etc. I think it was an "S3+", meaning it had the basic S3 supercharger set up 'uptuned' to 700 hp. Dinan is able to uptune engines on special order. I'd guess this would involve a little higher boost, maybe more aggressive cams, etc. I don't recall reading anything about work done on the engine internals.

I've often wondered whatever became of that car....

Dave
Car was never sold Dave....it belongs to a fellow here in New York...on Long Island...Ryan Pilla...
S

·
Registered
877 Posts
I haven't put it in Dupont.:confused2
Im still haven't decided if im going to sell it yet.:dunno:
My bad, I think I was going off this post in your thread mentioning the possible sale:

"Yes sir... Thats actually the plan... I know there is slim chance of selling it on this message board. Most people already have their M5.
Maybe Dupont or something like that. We'll see. If all goes smooth with selling my House and Condo... at least 2 of my 4 cars..and the market in Carlsbad keeps getting worse... then I'll just keep it. If I have to keep all of the above... then she might end up in Dupont."

Glad to hear you still have her.:applause:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Car was never sold Dave....it belongs to a fellow here in New York...on Long Island...Ryan Pilla...
S
Was I thinking of a different car than you? This is the only one I've heard of with a Dinan s/c and 700 hp... I remember reading something about this guy being a NASCAR driver...

D

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was I thinking of a different car than you? This is the only one I've heard of with a Dinan s/c and 700 hp... I remember reading something about this guy being a NASCAR driver...

D
Not NASCAR...he did win a couple Grand Am events and he holds the lap record at Limerock in a Mazda Miata...he fixes/restores/maintains high end cars...has a reputable shop on the East end of Long Island called Car Doctor.
S

·
Registered
69 Posts
If Phillym5 doesn't sell it, California better watch out!! Or the challenge will be if he can keep his drivers license,HAHA

1 - 20 of 20 Posts