BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently contacted BMW uk because I had some things wrong with my car that were pissing me off and my dealer couldn't fix them.
1 Park distance control keeps failing giving message on dash
2 Auto windscreen wipers are completely useless.
3 Sick of driving around with the headlights on all the time.
After 7 weeks in a loaner 330i I am told that they think that they have fixed the PDC but BMW Germany say that the automatic wipers are working fine and always have been.
Has anybody else had any of these problems?
What should my next move be?
Can you beleiveit 7WEEKS!!!!!!ouichouichouich:grrrrr::grrrrr:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow that stinks... i am with you they could not fix my alignment for some reason and they gave me my car back with all the lights on like check engine and every light possible on the instrument cluster... your next move i have no idea so much wrong i don't even know

·
Registered
397 Posts
I recently contacted BMW uk because I had some things wrong with my car that were pissing me off and my dealer couldn't fix them.
1 Park distance control keeps failing giving message on dash
2 Auto windscreen wipers are completely useless.
3 Sick of driving around with the headlights on all the time.
After 7 weeks in a loaner 330i I am told that they think that they have fixed the PDC but BMW Germany say that the automatic wipers are working fine and always have been.
Has anybody else had any of these problems?
What should my next move be?
Can you beleiveit 7WEEKS!!!!!!ouichouichouich:grrrrr::grrrrr:
What a bummer! I recommend that you contact the General Manager of the dealership and threaten him with a bad survey. That should get their attention.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
auto headlight sensitivity adjustment

Seems that I recall a thread maybe a year or two ago regarding adjusting the auto headlights. Somewhat counter intuitively, I think you have to increase the sensitvity to get the headlights to come on when it's darker out. A search may help you locate the thread where this was discussed.

What is it about the wipers that you find problematic? Too frequent wiping, or not frequent enough?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I feel for you. You should write a letter to the Genral Service Manager & the General Manager about you situation & let them know how you want to be satisfied. Next step is to write to BMW directly, but give the dealer a chance to respond first.

I wish you the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts