BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday was the day my car visited DMS for a fettle & holy mother of all a things holy did they do a fantastic job (under difficult conditions).

My M5 is a MY15 & therefore has a few changes to certain software elements that DMS hadn't encountered yet (specifically the dashboard in this case) & therefore didn't have code for so it's a good job their remaps are Custom or i'd have been driving round with an Xmas tree in front of me with lights illuminated everywhere. Rob line by line corrected the code, cleared all the relevant fault codes & i'm just left with a check engine light (knew in advance this would be the case) for which he'll have the corrected line of code in a week or so & apply that when suitable. It was a trade off by having the check engine light illuminated or having no gear change display in the centre of the dash (this is different on MY15 cars as has an upshift indicator).

Firstly my car was dyno'd to get a pre map plot & we were more than a little surprised at the results. I should point out DMS use a Dyno Dynamics system. My car stock was putting out 640bhp, which was the strongest F10 they'd seen, although all (i think they said 3) had read over 610bhp stock. We knew that at this level the physicals gains were unlikely to be as high as previous F10's they'd tuned given the base power was higher, however the end result was 691bhp. Note the car was running quite hot by this time as had been on the rollers a while so DMS could fine tune the code & my car has only done 4500 miles.

With cooler temps & more miles on my car, they're confident it would have just topped the 700bhp mark.

The drive home was something else & the extra power is most noticeable in the mid range where the car has gone from being ballistic before to intergalactic now. The power & torque curves on the F10 M5 are a shaped a bit like a lemon so the gains at the bottom & top of the rev range are closer together than the middle. The uplift in mid range is close to 100bhp.

Given the issues encountered, i was running out of time as had been onsite for 7 hours & needed to get away so DMS couldn't test on the rollers in the speed limiter had effectively been removed. I'm off to Germany on Saturday so will check this out on the Autobahn. I also forget to collect my dyno plots so these are being sent to me & i'll post them up when i receive them.

As i stated on my other thread, i've agreed a 30% group buy discount with DMS on the F10 M5 custom tune & speed limiter removal. Their list price is £2500+VAT but they'll now do this for £1750+VAT if you mention me when booking. Not a bad price for such gains & such outstanding service as they provide a full warranty on all their work.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't wait to get mine done..
Will let you test the delimiter out :hihi:
Thx Mo. In just over 24hrs i should know (traffic permitting).

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this an add-on module or have the reflashed the stock DMEs?
I wanted to avoid a tuning box or piggy back. This DMS remap is a custom tune written directly to the ECU & fine tuned on the RR.

They've found such huge variances in stock power on the F10 M5 that slapping an off the shelf tune onto one such as these piggy back tunes would be risky in my opinion so i'd rather pay more & get a bespoke tune for my car that's fully warranted.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got the dyno plot.

Peak power was 691bhp at 6800rpm
Peak torque was 603lbsft (818nm) at 5000rpm.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Did you manage to find out if it was delimited then ? :) Bet its a rocket now cannot wait to hear how you found it on the autobahn.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, do you have a dyno print out? Was this on a dyno dynamics machine?
Yes & yes. Just spotted you're not far from my offices (Stowmarket)?

I bring the M5 down to my office about once a month, back down early October.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you manage to find out if it was delimited then ? :) Bet its a rocket now cannot wait to hear how you found it on the autobahn.
Yes, but unfortunately the limiter code was still present so the car's back at the tuners having the code updated to remove the limiter & the worming light off. Also told the new code has a slightly bigger mid range punch:15:

Reactions: irishbimmer

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
FYI, the latest software update on the Dinatronics Stage 2 for the F10 CP is rated at 708 HP and 651 TRQ. Of course these are Dinan's claims. We will see what they produce at the rear wheels at Timmayfest 2015. With just an Akropovic exhaust my 2014 F10 CP produced 591 RWHP at TF 2014.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
FYI, the latest software update on the Dinatronics Stage 2 for the F10 CP is rated at 708 HP and 651 TRQ. Of course these are Dinan's claims. We will see what they produce at the rear wheels at Timmayfest 2015. With just an Akropovic exhaust my 2014 F10 CP produced 591 RWHP at TF 2014.
What other modifications are linked to these outputs as every tuner i know only offers Stage 2 with new pipes & intakes & i'd imagine Dinan being no different?

Edit: Just seen the dyno plot posted so the figures quoted are for a car that's tuned with a full aftermarket exhaust & intakes? Makes 691 from purely a remap look quite healthy then?

Reactions: johnbmw6

·
Registered
652 Posts
What other modifications are linked to these outputs as every tuner i know only offers Stage 2 with new pipes & intakes & i'd imagine Dinan being no different?

Edit: Just seen the dyno plot posted so the figures quoted are for a car that's tuned with a full aftermarket exhaust & intakes? Makes 691 from purely a remap look quite healthy then?
691 those are big numbers Paul, as you have only remapped it.:checkeredflag:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
691 those are big numbers Paul, as you have only remapped it.:checkeredflag:
My rear tyres can concur:biggrinbounce:

Was quick stock but the pull midrange in the middle gears is now just insane. Having a little fine tune in a couple of weeks & rumoured a few extra ponies may just appear (only a few mind).

Reactions: johnbmw6

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hows the car going now? :)
She's running beautifully, however no actual changes were made on Monday other than a bit of housekeeping & having my rear splitter replaced. Code changes will now have to wait till the New year when the full delimit can take place (very different encryption on the MY15 car) & a few extra ponies applied. DMS are 250 miles away from me so although the revised code will be ready sooner, i can't get down their any time before early next year. It will however then be fully ready to play on the continent when i go over in the Spring.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounding fantastic mate. One thing is do you have to visit DMS for the update as I spoke to them before about remapping my F10 535d and was told they would come to me. My M5's here end of the month cannot wait!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts