BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All
can't find any descent 6-series board, so posting on m5....:D
I just picked up new 645 - couldn't wait for m6 - and can't find any performance kits for this car? Have you guys heard of any????:sad3:
Thx

·
Administrator
8,801 Posts
chopperpl said:
All
I just picked up new 645 - couldn't wait for m6 - and can't find any performance kits for this car? Have you guys heard of any????:sad3:
Thx
Errr. Have you tried looking under www.m6board.com? :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
chopperpl said:
All
Thx
I have not heard of any domestic companies offering performance upgrades as of yet. There are suspension parts available (H&R springs and coilovers) and of course wheel and tires. Some European tuners such as Hartge have stroked motors available. ESS Tuning is developing an Intercooled S/C kit but is about a year away from releasing. I spoke with Steve Dinan 3 months ago and he mentioned that they are working on a stroker motor for the 645 as well as full suspension.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Curtis said:
I have not heard of any domestic companies offering performance upgrades as of yet. There are suspension parts available (H&R springs and coilovers) and of course wheel and tires. Some European tuners such as Hartge have stroked motors available. ESS Tuning is developing an Intercooled S/C kit but is about a year away from releasing. I spoke with Steve Dinan 3 months ago and he mentioned that they are working on a stroker motor for the 645 as well as full suspension.
Here is another chip tuner for 4.4L engine. In an email to me last week they indicated their ECU programmer was not in the USA yet. Right now the ECU would have to be sent to Europe for re-programming.

http://www.chip-tuning.com/

·
Registered
267 Posts
kees said:
Have a chat with Dinan - they seem to be working on something:
http://dinancars.com/Series.asp?Series=16&Chassis=37&Model=92
I was aware in a general sense that they were working the 4.4L engine. After looking at the link you provided (much thanks), I see they are working the whole solution so to speak in their typical more thorough manner. I am in no hurry as I do not lay hands on my 6er for another 17 days or so. Has to cross the pond and such.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts