BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So not sure exactly where this should go within the forum but....

Was browsing some tuner files today and came across a file for a 635d. Apparently has the Euro 286hp/428tq motor, tuned to 345hp/511tq!
I really can't thinkof a situation where I would want a 2-door diesel and look at the 6 series. If I am looking at the 6er I defenitely want a "sporty" engine, which in my book revs high. The motor is arguably awesome in just about any chassis, particularly tuned to 500 ft/lbs, but realistically how many of these cars did they actually sell? Are there any production numbers for a 2004+ 635d? I would way rather have this motor in a 3 series, x-"truck" or even a 5er. Never a 6, how many people bought this?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
So not sure exactly where this should go within the forum but....

Was browsing some tuner files today and came across a file for a 635d. Apparently has the Euro 286hp/428tq motor, tuned to 345hp/511tq!
I really can't thinkof a situation where I would want a 2-door diesel and look at the 6 series. If I am looking at the 6er I defenitely want a "sporty" engine, which in my book revs high. The motor is arguably awesome in just about any chassis, particularly tuned to 500 ft/lbs, but realistically how many of these cars did they actually sell? Are there any production numbers for a 2004+ 635d? I would way rather have this motor in a 3 series, x-"truck" or even a 5er. Never a 6, how many people bought this?
Only available in Europe...

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'd bet they outsold the 630i. It's a gt car, so a diesel makes sense. It's still quicker than 99% of them cars on the road

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am sure they did. It's faster than a 630i and more economical. 286PS and close to 600NM of torque is more than enough for a GT car (great range, great overtaking ability, silent, it just makes sense).

·
Registered
705 Posts
I found these sitting on my Iphone from a couple of months ago. Car was at a Stuttgart dealer and the only one I have seen for sale but I am sure there are many more about.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts