Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

Reactions: M V10

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Their ads have been a bit confusing. Going back and forth with the M3 and M5.
This describes a twin SC'er set up for the M5/M6 for $20K? This kit makes 600 bhp?
The M3 SC'er kit is a single SC'er and makes 612 bhp? This is $12K?
Confusing.

Ranger

·
Registered
682 Posts
What is the deal with G-power and the M5? Does anyone on this board own a G-power supercharged M5?

Anyone know what the pricing is.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have been communicating with G Power as I am interested in a Supercharger option.
The information I have gotten is as follows:
The advert posted is their SK1 kit without exhaust work quoting 600bhp.
With the rear silencer they say the SK1 kit gives 630PS and 630NM of torque @6psi and its listed at Euro 20588 which is the same amount shown on the advert pre discount but they claim less power on the advert.
The SK2 costs a extra Euro 7479 and runs different supercharger model and makes 650hp and 650nm of torque @9psi. This gets interesting at this point because for the SK1 they quote PS and SK2 HP which is wierd. Shouldn't they stick to one thing. They also remove the primary cats and install racing secondaries.
The SK3 is the one we all know with the 730PS and 700NM. This has a built motor with new pistons and conrod's and different Superchargers. They also mention the superchargers now have special CNC brackets to hold them. This one goes for Euro 56,000 :eek:h:

I asked for a dyno print out of a SK2 to see what the gains look like across the board and got sent a print out of a SK3 which wasn't the actual dyno run but flywheel power. Interestingly the power stops at 7600rpm which means they might have limited the motor earlier than stock, possibly to avoid over spinning of the chargers. Again there is a contradiction because the graph shows a 760NM peak vs the quoted 700NM in the e-brochure.

All in all the product doesn't look too bad but I am waiting to see what ESS is going to come up with.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Why cant they just give us real, detailed, information? Should we have someone who speaks german translate? It seems like they could sell a lot of these kits in the states if they had a good price point and clearly communicated what each stage includes. The guys on the e90 board seem to have had some success on the M3 which is why I started thinking about this option again.

Tightie??? Care to give us some insight?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts