1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
30 cars for US market, 1 car to be held by BMW USA for later sale and 29 cars to first callers at 10 AM on May 21.
Hotline phone number to be revealed on Instagram only over 5 preceding days, idiotic IMO, I absolutely hate these "social sites".

·
Registered
652 Posts
Starting price in the UK £90K WTF!!!!
For an M5, punters must be mad paying that..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Future collector if the new owner can keep the miles low in the next 10 years or so
Have to wonder what future value will be. 30 in the US is extremely rare.

Is this one of those few far between special cars that appreciate in value? i.e. Z8 - 1M

Thoughts?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just noticed this on BMW UK site, stunning! Wish i had the cash for it. Pity carbon ceramics are an option Id have thought theyd be standard at that price.

·
Registered
592 Posts
30 cars for US market, 1 car to be held by BMW USA for later sale and 29 cars to first callers at 10 AM on May 21.
Hotline phone number to be revealed on Instagram only over 5 preceding days, idiotic IMO, I absolutely hate these "social sites".
I am not big on the Instagram thing either. Seeing as I want the car though I may have to learn a new trick. Do you have to 'follow' someone specific on Instagram to get the number, BMW I assume?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I am not big on the Instagram thing either. Seeing as I want the car though I may have to learn a new trick. Do you have to 'follow' someone specific on Instagram to get the number, BMW I assume?
@BMWUSA it says.
No idea how to go about it though, must have to ask my teenager son I guess.......

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yep, gonna try to be one of the 29. Not sure if the number is from oldest to newest or newest to oldest though???

·
Registered
175 Posts
They took my info and said BMW would confirm the 29 first callers within the next 24 hours. Did you get definitive confirmation?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Same thing.
According to woman I spoke with, that means my name (and yours) is on that 29 list.
If you were not, you would be told via a recording when your call was answered.
You have that car coming....

·
Registered
592 Posts
I called from the plane and was on hold for half an hour so hung up. Fortunately my wife was on hold too and waited to speak to someone. The person she spoke with took my details and asked if I had a preferred dealership. When my wife asked if she was one of the 29 callers she was told BMW would be in touch and she didn't have the answer as to whether or not she was one of the 29. Sounded to me like it was a massive marketing data collection effort.
Time will tell I suppose. Fingers crossed, and toes, and whatever else I can find laying around here!
Did anyone call in and get the recording that absent mentioned?

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
So out of curiosity I called and sure enough there was a recording saying all reservations were filled...
Great, now I won't be able to sleep tonight!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I called at 1, sat on hold for 45 min and the phone call just dropped. I don't know if I was hung up on, or my cell dropped the call. grrrrrrr

Ohh well. Back to my M6 GC ED plan.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I happened to be looking for the order date for 2015 model and stumbled across this last week. It was a pretty low key operation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
175 Posts
1 - 20 of 121 Posts