BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ppl....just found these pics and info and thought u may be interested in havin a look:

the article reads:

MORE NEWS ON the exiting German BMW 6-series. Today’s spy-pictures, shot at Germany’s challenging ex-Formula-One race track, the Nürburgring, der Nordschleife show the coupe derivative of the coming BMW 5-series: the future 6-series with less disguise than ever before.

The all-new 6-series will so to say replace the old, big 8-series. However, the new coupé will be better proportioned with sophisticated handling and superb design. Aggressive yet elegant, typical BMW yet completely new – a 2+2-seater playing in the league of Ferrari 456 and Maserati 4200 GT at probably half the price.

The design of the new 6-series will be reminiscence to the old 6?series (built until 1988) and will be dominated by huge 18-in. wheels, a long bonnet, BMW’s new layout of the headlights and flashers and the additional air-intakes in the car's front wings.

Engine range will start with the 3-litre six-cylinder straight producing 231 HP followed by the 635 Ci and 640 Ci with 272 and 333 HP respectively. Top of the range will be an M6 with a completely new developed V10 engine, producing 500 HP out of 5.5 litres – enough to overtake and outbrake even a Mercedes SL 55 AMG.

FACTS
· Coming BMW 6-series
· Scoop pictures from Nürburgring, Germany
· 2 + 2 seater coupe
· 3.0-litre 6-cyl. inline, 231 HP
· 3.6-litre 6-cyl. inline, 272 HP
· 4.5-litre 8-cyl. V, 333 HP
· 5.5-litre 10-cyl. V, 500 HP

Photo: AutoMedia

enjoy
-Greg

·
Registered
225 Posts
Enots,

Thanks a lot for the pictures. BMW did a pretty good job of hiding the front and rear. The overall looks could be very exciting. Now I gotta decide between the new M5 and M6.

Starting to feel like Bmw will do good on the new E60.

(Hope the wheels I keep seeing are part of the camoflage.)

Keith

·
Registered
522 Posts
Bangled butt or not that is the question.:mad: The eyebrows that will dominate all bmw's from now on is bad enough but if the bangle butt carries over dare I say I will be driving an AMG.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Enots as usual great pics..one cant really tell much from the styling but at least the 6 is being heavily tested on the ring,...man would i love a passenger ride!

al the best
Adam

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
needs lower air dam. the thing reminds me of the Volvo P 1800 from the sixites.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Disapointing that the are producing the car with a B pillar ala the 3 series, and not a pillarless design like the 8...:(

Not that is matters as all the attention will be drawn against the rear. I guess CB's favorite song must be be " I like big butts and I can not lie...." :hihi: :hihi:

Carl

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
hey, they stole those wheels of my Z8.....:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Guys, keithw hit the nail right on the head, BMW is not going to display it's designs in the open...They cover up most of the body wiht plastic and aluminum moldings, so judging the looks from what you see in the pictures is very difficult, but, in my opinion, from what we can see, I think BMW has done something special (as usual)........So it just confirms the old saying "you should not judge a book by it's cover":cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts