BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So had the beast 6 months now and everything's gone pretty smoothly..

Mileage is now just under 80,000 (I've put just 3000 on that!) and managed an average mpg of 18.3

Brake fluid has been changed to ATE super blue, had a pair of new uprated sway bar brackets fitted (shipped from beastpower.com)

New heater fan resistor

New rear view mirror (old one was bubbling and would've soon leaked and melted my dash)

Folding mirror motors replaced as the old ones get stuck sometimes

New brake light lamp - costly :)

New battery

Above work was mainly carried out by the highly respected PMW ltd. of Chelmsford, at different times but coming in at approx. £1300, with my bill only being £500 thanks to APA warranty on the car (which sadly expires today after 6 months!).

Had a couple of dents (previous owner) taken out at the bodyshop, and a boot dent after a bloody firework hit it coming in at £280

£1000 of fuel (Shell V-power)

All in all, not too bad.. Just got a rattling under the hand brake when it accelerates, something to do with a ring that holds the drive shaft or something which I'm told isn't serious but does need the exhaust taking off to get to! Dreading that!

And below photos shows the weather.. Don't think I'll be driving it anywhere for celebrating 6 months!!

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
WOW 1 pound for every 3 miles :eek7:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sounds like you got a good one! My mpg is reading 17.5 on the computer right now and I've put 6235 miles on my Beast since purchasing the M5 this summer. I had two good friends with E39 M5s and I couldn't resist getting one. I've also replaced my FSU, as you have, had the lower panel repainted, changed the oil with TWS, flushed the radiator and replaced the hoses, replaced the plugs (thank you M5 board for the DIY) and plan on flushing and replacing the brake fluid this spring, when I do the front brakes. The only thing that broke on my M5 since I've had her is the FSU. My pixels just started messing up and I've decided to live with it, since BMW seems to be getting stingy with the goodwill program. Total cost of maintenance this year has been $917. I have the original battery, so like you, I think it will need replacing soon. Cheers!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I just passed six months too. What a great ride! I managed only 12.3(indicated) mpg that first week behind the wheel and had it as high as 19.1mpg on one trip. I usually run about 16mpg.

Other than seeing a dip in the road too late and taking out the passenger side corner piece under the front bumper and a few paint chips, no real body damage. Boy I love/hate that gorgeous jet black paint. The Hamann wing has grown on me too. I've decided the E39 is just too plain and I need the wing to set the car apart. Yeah, that's the ticket. ?????? :biggrin:

I've changed out the fluids, filters, and wipers. I've replaced an exhaust CPS, rebuilt vanos solenoids. There is a long list of things I'll be doing in the future- Alpha-N, SSK, BBK, headers... Who knows what else. Just need time and money, that's all.

I've had the car up to 130 mph by accident and was grateful when I got a ticket for only 73 in a 60. :icon_police:

All in all only one thing to say:

:woowoo:

Couldn't have done it without this board. Thanks guys,

dj

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Hey Ribs,

yoiu have a very special BMW M5 Indivdual there.

Do you have some mroe sunnies shots of the car interiour and exteriour?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nice colour!
Is that fairly rare?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as I know it's very rare, I emailed BMW UK to ask about it but they only keep records of M5s sold.. Not individuals.

I do have more photos on my gallery thing, I could upload some more sometime aswell.
I do love the Champagne leather/ Aegean Blue combination but unfortunately they're a pain to keep clean.. Once the snow goes it'll get some better treatment!

Thanks for the comments, Of course I couldn't have done it without this board which I've used (and continue to use!) extensively before and after purchase.. So thank you very much everyone!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Looks great, that is a ver rare individual colour fr an M5. Don't think Ihave seen another one in that colour before I have had mine for three and a half years and only done 15k in that time. Only done 2,000 miles in the last 12 months as well :-(

cheers and enjoy

·
Registered
968 Posts
That is a beautiful color combination and great pictures! I've never seen another one like it. Your mileage is almost identical to mine. The snow & salt is gone here, so I've been driving my M5 this week and realized just how much I missed it and those seat heaters too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Ribs,

yoiu have a very special BMW M5 Indivdual there.

Do you have some mroe sunnies shots of the car interiour and exteriour?

Any idea how special? I'm interested in finding out how rare this is...

Ps. Merry Christmas to everyone on the board!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts