BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hmmm.. I have a motorcycle event that weekend but I've never attended a 5erWest event before... I'm tempted! Plus it may not even rain being mid July and all!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've never been to a 5er West, but I'm planning on going this year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope you do attend

I have been to all previous - Twice with my M5 (now awaiting resurrection)

Twice with my Z3 Coupe

5th time I return with my other M5 (New to me)

5 series - 5th time - year 14 (1+4=5) -

An excellent event (< notice 5 "e"s) for folks to enjoy the company of others, with BMWs littered like coffee tables to talk over hiha

:cheers:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A caravan would be good

Never have done one to an event LOL :eek:oohhh:

I am down around exit 88 on I5

Those of you coming from up North work up an idea of when you will be passing by and I will possibly slide in !

Glad you are making it ..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Caravan

My wife and I have booked a room friday night in Portland

The Caravan for me would need to be Friday

I am so needy - maybe thats why I never get to caravan ouich

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE - Change of location

I could not have stated this any better; I have a haircut planned the day before to remove my mullet, Or buy a horned hat ?

Re: 5erWest 2014 -- July 18-20 -- Oregon
Postby wkohler » Jul 03, 2014 12:00 AM

So, there has been a relatively important update to the goings on for July 19th.

As well all loved Meldrum Bar Park with it's vast supply of mullets in power boats, shade, trees, rocks, one ramada, one Honey Bucket and angry community gardeners, the powers that be in various locations where power is present have made holding the event there successfully a tad in the difficult realm for this year.

As a result, a suitable and likely nearly better location has been found at The Elks Lodge in Milwaukie, located here. <---- CLICK ON THE "here" TO GET A MAP OF THE NEW LOCATION. (if link doesn't work go to Mye28.com)

While the new location lacks things like trees and power boats (a mullet or two might wander by), we have exclusive use of their facilities on Saturday. That doesn't just mean the parking lot. We get to utilize their indoor facilities as well and from what I understand, these folks are real pros when it comes to hosting people parking in their parking spaces. They also have a bar (hear that San Diego folks? Don't answer that since I know you're already in the car.) and they serve food with such menu items as $3 dogs, $6 burgers and $7 fish and chips... Elk Chips people. Also, if you like to eat off the kids menu, they have Mac and Cheese and stuff, too. Very reasonable like.

This is great news for our E39 owners since people in lifted Silverados and Foresters won't think your row is parking for the beach. Plus Jake and AJ get to use their great diplomacy skills to make people leave if we don't want them there.

So, we'll see you at the Elks Lodge in Milwaukie starting at 10am on Saturday July 19th!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Cali info

This is reposted to provide info related to the above question

Suggest either Mye28.com or NWBMW.com for additional info

Hope to see some of you there :cheers:

Re: 5erWest 2014 -- July 18-20 -- Oregon

Postby vinceg101 » Jun 23, 2014 12:49 PM

Okay, so now it is down to the 3 week mark, or 26 days to be precise.
Time to throw my typical Official CA/AZ/NV/NM Caravan Post, however I will condense it to really just the highlights this year. I leave Los Angeles, CA on Thursday 7/17 around 11am to give folks further south a chance to meet up and with the goal of stopping in the Sacramento area overnight. I would love the driving company, especially through the Central Valley, but we usually meet up with most the next day outside of Sacramento.

Day 1:Thursday 7/17 LA to Sacramento, +/-381 mi
Meet up with anybody the Chevron Sylmar/Denny's parking lot in Slymar, CA (12881 Encinitas Ave., Sylmar, CA 91342). Right off the 5 at the Roxford St. exit. +/-11:00am
Drive north to Sacramento either up the 5 or 99, mood depending
I stay at Jay3's in Sacramento, CA, but in the past I've stayed in Woodland, CA just north of Sac.

Day 2: Friday 7/18 Sacramento, CA to Clackamas, OR, +/-560 mi
This is the marathon leg taking close to 10 hours when you figure in food and fuel stops.
We stop usually at the following locations:
Willams, CA, +/-40 mi: We meet here around 7:00am to meet up with anyone from the Bay Area and for anyone else from the Sac area. We meet at the Denny's right next to the Chevron Williams at the 5 and E Street.
Yreka, CA, +/-200 mi: Lunch stop. We have traditionally eaten at the Round Table Pizza (735 S.Broadway St., Yreka, CA 96097) not because we like it, but because there is precious little else in Yreka that could accommodate a large crowd of hungry drivers fast. But in 2012 we only had four of us, so I don't know maybe I'll come up with somewhere else this year. Multitudes of fuel variety though.
Springfield, OR, +/-215 mi: Fuel and Rest stop. We have also traditionally used the Chevron Springfield & Jackson's Market (3375 Gateway Street, Springfield, OR 97477) as our official late afternoon pit stop. Nothing special, just stretch your legs, tap a kidney, and fuel up. We gauge our stay with how long it takes to pick up any stragglers.

From here it is straight on through to Portland & Clackamas, OR. It usually puts us in Portland commuter traffic by the time we get there (the bottom loop of the 205 north/east through West Linn is bummer to bummer 2nd gear stuff at that hour).
We end the day at the Clackamas Inn or wherever you all are staying. Folks typically peel off from the pack at the 205/5 and then we fend for ourselves. Hotel check in then we head over to the Friday night Eat-Meet & Greet.

Return trip for me is mirror image of this starting Monday 7/21 at first light

·
Registered
150 Posts
lilflip, you still thinking of going to 5er West?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
on my way

leaving Olympia area @1330

Hope to spot some headed this way

Look me up if head down -
88 M5 - euro look
From Tenino

Chow
John