BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bougt me a 2000 model of 540i 6speed, it is compleatly stock and I am planing to upgrade the exhust system, the car is an Europian model and I live in Iceland.

Is there any diffrence in exhust system beetwen Europe and Usa models beacause of pollotion laws and is it possible to remove the cat. from the system (no sensors or anything) ?

Can anyone point me to a good Europian dealer in aftermarked exhaust systems, (Germany would be best) ?

I see lot of members like the Tubi systems, are those only avelible for M5 ?
If I only replace the rear muffler will ther be power increse that I feel, what types would you recomend ?

Thanx.:byee55amg

·
Registered
431 Posts
You don't want to remove the catalytic converter - most of the back pressure is generated there. If you remove that, you could potentially lose power.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Uhhhhh.... without setting a check engine light putting the vehicle into limp home mode, I am sure removal of the cat is impossible. Granted I have never done this, nor recommended anyone to remove theirs. Plenty of vehicles make do with post-cat exhaust modifications with great results. There are a host of options out there for the 540i. Not to restatt anything already mentioned: Remus, Billy Boat Tri-Flo (B&B), Meisterschaft, Eisenmann, Supersprint and Magnaflow.

The difference in price obviously has to do with build quality, having to pay to "federalize" and meet certain quality standards, etc. If I was throwing down the money, it would be on the Eisenmann Race (www.beastpower.com) or the Mesiterschaft MeistSUS - GT (www.gthaus.com). At this point, I have been unsccuessful in finding a good video of either the Eisenmann Race or the Meisterschaft MeistSUS - GT exhaust sounds (inside and outside of the car) on YouTube! You sure can find a lot of M5 videos. Go figure...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts