BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
My e39 M5 was totaled when a someone ran a stop sign. I have a e36 turbo m3 that I would like to trade for another e39 m5 plus or minus cash on my end. Car makes 500rwhp on a gt35r turbo and passes CA smog. Car has a built motor with low compression pistons and less than 15,000 miles on it. It was used as a weekend toy. I need a different car for clients and this a great opportunity if someone wants to get into a truely fast car. I can email a build list to those interested, there is too much work done to the car to list. I would put it's value in the 16-18k range. Car is located in the Bay Area. Here are some pics:
IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/whitem3jcc/BBSCH011.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/whitem3jcc/BBSCH008.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/whitem3jcc/BBSCH011.jpg[/IMG]IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/whitem3jcc/BBSCH011.jpg[/IMG]IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/whitem3jcc/BBSCH011.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I will be sad to see it go alot of time and money went in to it. I just reinforced the subframe and rear trailing arm pockets. The car is fully built from the ground up.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
mmmmmmmmm

post more pics.

who built the car?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car has been a work in progress. There have been many shops involved in it's up keep and build. Motor was assembled by 4B automotive in Santa Clara, by David Tran who is sponsored by ATP and knows turbo BMWs inside out. Cunningham BMW also did alot of work on the car while I was in San Diego as did Speed Force. It has taken alot of time to get the car to where it is. I too have personally worked on the car. Building something is alot different than buying something, from my experience it usually takes several shops or people to creat a result you are happy with. Such is the case with this car.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
motor has around 15k miles since rebuild. Block supposedly had 60k on it before rebuild and was checked thouroughly and honed before being assembled. Chassis has 204k, but has been gone through thoroughly and all the bushings have been replaced including subframe and diff bushings and a radowski diff brace. Car also has a new power steering rack and pump with a stage 5 southbend clutch to hold the power.

the best 60-130 is 8.2, but there is more in the car and was only on 17psi and street tires and not shifting that fast. I have never taken the car to the quarter mile, but with dr's 10's would easily be achieved.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Not a bad 60-130. That's on par - or a bit better than - a stock C6 Z06.

It's too bad I'm not more a fan of forced induction.. I despise turbo lag, and while sometimes at sea level you can have a near "lagless" set-up; here at well over a mile above sea level that just doesn't exist.

lag lag lag whoosh

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah the car could go 7's possibly 6's with more boost and quicker shifting. I also had a passenger. As far as turbo lag is concerned you need to understand why you have lag. Compression of the motor plays a key component in the equation. That's why I built this motor for 9-o-1 so it's actually pretty lively at my elevation especially with the gt35r ball bearing turbo, can't speak for higher elevations.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Nice...are the pics taken in the Marina? I'm tempted but I think I'll probably keep our M. My wife would have a cow if she saw that in our garage! I'd probably have a new bedroom as well. LOL

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They a're, do you live on Octavia by chance? The turbo m3 has been a source of much conflict in my relationship with my girlfriend. It's always "You care more about your cars than me" lol.

·
Registered
571 Posts
No. Currently I live near City College but am soon moving to Lake Merced. I was born and raised in the City. The M is driven around but never parked outside at night. I'm still considering selling the M though.We don't put a lot of miles on it. It currently has 68k and we bought it with 54k 3 years ago. Not sure what we really want to do yet. I can see why your gf gets upset. That 3 looks like it took a lot of time, energy and money to build. Good luck!

·
Registered
289 Posts
J, I understand why you need the 4 doors after squeezing in the back of your turbo during that test drive. Must be hard to part with that uber beast. GL with your search for a replacement M5. I am in the same boat and need the 4 doors otherwise...
-R

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Roberto. I really want titanium M5. I like Torquey car but it is more than I want to spend, let me know if you know anyone.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts