BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my car in to have the odomoted light LEDs fixed this Friday. Since I only have through December 21st of this year under the original warranty (I am buying an extended pretty soon), what do you guys think I should be paying attention to?

Thanks! Steve

·
Registered
33 Posts
sarends said:
I am taking my car in to have the odomoted light LEDs fixed this Friday. Since I only have through December 21st of this year under the original warranty (I am buying an extended pretty soon), what do you guys think I should be paying attention to?

Thanks! Steve
Hi Steve
Not sure if the warranty rules in the US are the same as the UK but if they are here are a few tips;
Extended warranty wont cover a clutch over 60,000, or any suspension bushes/joints etc,
It seems any warranty claim can depend on the willingness of your dealer to push through a claim.
I would go through the car with a fine tooth comb before the original warranty runs out just in case.
Steve Tilley

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Steve,

I'm in your position except my time window runs out in about 6 weeks. :eek: My car has been remarkably trouble-free since new, and I'm hoping it simply isn't waiting until its warranty runs out to start coughing up hairballs. :sad2:

The only issue that I know of right now is a squeak on cold starts.

Chuck

·
Registered
267 Posts
my maintenance warranty end in September but I can extend it to 100k miles just like the cpo warranty, do you think it is worth it? I only have 28k miles on the car and it is an 01

·
Registered
935 Posts
get the bushings and a/c fan switch checked out.

I'm in exactly the same position as you. My LEDS are messed you also.

sarends said:

Thanks! Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts