BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a red cog every time I come to a stop, broke out the gt1 tool and found this code... I had the same symptoms before about 6 months ago and my slave cyl popped, but it was different codes... And I don't see any obvious fluid leak..

Car has been driving fine recently, randomly getting high battery drain warnings though..

Any suggestions? I randomly get the rear end bump from the throw out bearing... Like only once a month if that

Need to order parts to get them here by the weekend so I can get my car back..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery is less than 6 months old (auto zone direct replacement, never registered to the car)

Car is a 2006 with 104k

·
Registered
395 Posts
What exactly is the description to the SMG code you pulled? sounds like your getting battery codes/issues. See if autozone has warranty for that battery and try changing it out. I would find someone who can register the battery aswell.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I agree. Plan for the worst, hope for the best. Buy the clutch kit and sundries then wait until you really have to change it.

I was getting the 4FA0 code (position deviation) every single morning for 3 seconds as I warmed up the car. Strange thing is, twice it happened after letting the engine warm up for 5 minutes (it's winter in Maine) as I opened the door and sat down in the driver's seat. I hadn't even touched the SMG stick.

I read the codes in ISTA and ran the Test Program it generated which ran me through the SMG adaptations, etc and the SMG is so much smoother now. I still get an occasional red cog with 4FA0 attached ot it, but it lasts a bout 2 seconds and it's gone. I'm not fooling myself that it fixed all my problems, but maybe now the clutch will go out gracefully and just start slipping like it should and I can get another 4-5k miles out of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
jcolley
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing