BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting this 4F43 code. Changed the clutch position sensor and it still comes occasionally.
It mostly get the message (transmission fault on idrive) after a hard drive but goes away after a few minutes.
Is this the hydraulic system mounted above the gearbox that is failing?
Also checked the oil level and that is ok.

Any help appreciated, I have inpa for Reading codes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do you have INPA or similar?

Try running a hydraulic pump test, make sure it gets up to like 70bar and doesn't drop fast.

Sounds to me like you're low on fluid or not building pressure fast enough.

I don't remember exactly where this test is in inpa, but it's someplace there under activations, it basically pressurizes to normal then waits a few minutes and makes sure pressure stays.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have inpa, I believe I ran the test and the pressure stays good. I also replaced the 2 relays.
Will try to redo the test to be sure. Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Alright, was the car at full temperature when you ran the test? Maybe heat has something to do with it.

I would leave inpa running, looking at the analog page where they show pressures.

do the hard drive you mentioned and when it starts acting crazy check what it says.

also, try data logging with this: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63-bmw-m6-forum-bmw-m6-convertible-m6board-com/209435-datalogging-software-bmwlogger.html

I've never tried this one, but this guy tried it on his M6 and it worked, so should work on ours.

·
Registered
224 Posts
oh, i just realized that software isn't free. :(

I'll buy myself a license tonight though, lol, seems like a great deal for cases just like this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts