BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am covering old ground, but I am curious. With model year 2001 getting nearer, does anyone know what changes are planned? People had been posting that 450hp was in the making. I suspect the basic body style will remain the same for at least one more model year, but what engine/tranny changes may be in the works? If they do pump a bit more out of the current power plant, will they offer an upgrade for us model year 2000 owners? Just curious if anyone has any insight on this.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Man I wish that had been one of the changes.. :tonquesmilie:

Anyone ever look back through these dusty old threads??

Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I do but I never thought to bump it from the dead :hihi:

Reactions: russap5

·
Registered
756 Posts
super bump!!! pity there wasnt this kind of development done, would save the need for crazy money being spent on headers cai etc etc!!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
if that had been the case, the E39 M5 would still be ahead of the likes of well...almost everything out today!!

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5
1,368 Posts
450 hp you say? headers and tuning, done! lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
super bump!!! pity there wasnt this kind of development done, would save the need for crazy money being spent on headers cai etc etc!!
LOL! I find it hard to keep up with the latest threads. Fun stuff though.

There is always bigger, better, faster... :sprint00:We would have found something else to spend money on if it wasn't headers, intakes, or etc.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Oh I think we would still be adding these items. No telling where ///M would have made changes to find an extra 50HP..

We would be adding headers and CAI plus a tune to get close to 500HP easy! Would of been a great match for a stock E60.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Holy Thread resurrection batman!!! :eek:h:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Oh I think we would still be adding these items. No telling where ///M would have made changes to find an extra 50HP..

We would be adding headers and CAI plus a tune to get close to 500HP easy! Would of been a great match for a stock E60.
i would say the bmw would change the well known obvious bottleneck intake and exhaust components first, childs play really dont you think?

easiest and cheapest things would go first imo.

·
Registered
613 Posts
:goldcup:

Record for the oldest thread to be bumped...ever! Damn...over a decade...lol I would've thought we would need a seance to bring this thread back from the other side.

·
Registered
832 Posts
10 years without a response.

Ken can now sleep easier at night knowing that his thread didn't go unnoticed.

Reactions: wilsodh

·
Registered
597 Posts
A superb thread resurection. I wonder if Ken did ever buy a 2001 M5 :lightbulb:

·
4,353 Posts
I wonder what the first M5Board thread was?

...can you guys picture the computer he must've started this thread on?...and the amount of time it must've took to be uploaded? :grinyes:

got admit the first M5Board girls where pretty good looking...speaking of which who the hell is M5Board Sweater-Chick hidden somewhere in Gustav's enormous gallery?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts