BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any axel back option with a 4" round tip available without making a huge difference to the exhaust note? I’m looking to upgrade but haven't been able to locate one with that size tip. I’m really looking for round more than oval. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Is there any axel back option with a 4" round tip available without making a huge difference to the exhaust note? I’m looking to upgrade but haven't been able to locate one with that size tip. I’m really looking for round more than oval. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
You can always just modify the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
By putting aftermarket tips on the stock ones? Wouldn’t work because the stock tips are too close to each other.
Correct, it would have to be a bit more elaborate. Nothing a descent welder wouldn’t be able to do though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Think the Magnaflow is a 4" tip if I'm remembering rightly but that system suffers from a lot of drone from what others have said

·
Registered
176 Posts
The drone on the magnaflow exhaust is a product of the muffler/silencer design. Tips have a very small effect on sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts