BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...if things go well soon and I order an M6 for a late fall Euro Delivery, would four adults fit okay in the car?? No one in my family is over 5'10" so we have no giants.

I ask because if I do the ED trip late September, I will stay in Europe until December to wait for my mom, dad and brother to arrive for our Christmas trip this year (a Christmas market river cruise)...

SO, if I do get the M6 and stay in Europe, would the two back seat passengers (likely mom and dad as my brother gets seriously car sick in a back seat) ride comfortably?? As I will be the driver, I do not need to push my seat way back.....anyway, since the weather may be snowy and mom does NOT appreciate any uber high speed driving, I do not have to worry about tight corners at high speed or mountain passes..

THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
the good news is they wont ever have to go more than a couple of hours in the back due to gas stops haha.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yea, after about 20 min....legs will cramp up

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You guys will get a kick out of this but my big *** sat in the back seat of this car before I bought it. I'm 5'11 or so and 230lb. It was not as horrible as I thought it would be. It was actually reasonably comfy. I was not moving during this test but the very few passengers I have had back there have not complained. The kids love it as it's their imaginary Bat mobile ride!:) I would not suggest long trips over a couple of hours though. There must be some way to rent a 750 for the day! treat your family to some luxury!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I agree with Holmes. The back is not too bad for rides under 2 hours if the passengers aren't too tall. There is not much leg room for getting in and out but once your in there it's not too bad if the front seat passenger is not all the way back. Actually it could be more of a PIA for the front seat passenger being close to the dash.
Usually if I'm putting 4 in it the guys go up front and the ladies in the back. A male of 6 ft in the backseat should be for very short trips only.
Actually with the vert in and out of the backseat should be easier because the front seat belt originates from the front seat itself so no belt spans the space to get into the back, not sure about coupes though.

Reactions: mwagner1

·
Registered
155 Posts
i actually carry four in my ride all the time....the thing about the backseats for older folks is it's more of a pain getting in and out (due to back problems of my parents)than the actual seating space. i usually make the girls ride in the back....5 feet to 5 foot 8 inches at the most...anything above this than your driving space must be sacrificed...

·
Registered
118 Posts
So long as the driver is not too tall the back seats are fine IMHO, I am 6 foot 2 inches and there is NO room behind me at all. I tend to call my car a 2+1 :) Peter

·
Registered
547 Posts
2 adults in the back seat of an M6? :confused::confused::confused: Will never happen, the only time I ever get use out of my back seat is when Im leaving the club/bar and picking up some girls to take home :hihi:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hahahahaha:applause:

the good news is they wont ever have to go more than a couple of hours in the back due to gas stops haha.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
2 adults in the back seat of an M6? :confused::confused::confused: Will never happen, the only time I ever get use out of my back seat is when Im leaving the club/bar and picking up some girls to take home :hihi:
+1
This is the only exception!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ok for reasonable sized adults

I think if your not overweight or 6 foot plus it's not that bad. I personally think the worse thing about the back is the wind! At least that's what most of my friends and family complain about. Even with all windows up, it's a category 5 hurricane back there!:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts