BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am in the process of refreshing the interior. Getting steering wheel wrapped, replacing broken plastic pieces....etc etc :grin

I first start looking into new trim piece set but it's ridiculously expensive!! So moving on to plan B....wraping.

I did my research and found 3 color candidates - 3M BR212, BR201 and ME-379. Does anyone know the color that's the closest to the original brushed aluminum trim for our sport interior?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi all,

I am in the process of refreshing the interior. Getting steering wheel wrapped, replacing broken plastic pieces....etc etc :grin

I first start looking into new trim piece set but it's ridiculously expensive!! So moving on to plan B....wraping.

I did my research and found 3 color candidates - 3M BR212, BR201 and ME-379. Does anyone know the color that's the closest to the original brushed aluminum trim for our sport interior?
Well, they do have one called Brushed Aluminum.
3M 1080-BR120. Wouldn’t that be it? The others you list look to be brushed black, brushed steel, and what someone here called brushed charcoal. The quote below is from nosferau666, who sells a lot of e39 trim, so good bet that’s the one. Good luck, I hope it turns out well!

Hey Dookateh, could you please tell me the code of "Brushed Titanium Charcoal" ? For example "Brushed Aluminium" is 1080-BR120. "Brushed Black" is 1080-BR212. PM is preferred, but if you can't e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you!

Regards
Alexander

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, they do have one called Brushed Aluminum.
3M 1080-BR120. Wouldn’t that be it? The others you list look to be brushed black, brushed steel, and what someone here called brushed charcoal. The quote below is from nosferau666, who sells a lot of e39 trim, so good bet that’s the one. Good luck, I hope it turns out well!
Thanks for the reply!
BR230 is brushed titanium and people say it’s brighter than the original trim color. Brushed aluminum looks even brighter than BR230. I saw someone said brushed charcoal is the closest color and some others said BR212.

·
Registered
722 Posts
3M ME-379 - the original one i discovered back in 2009/2010 - you can look through my post history to see the comparison.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
3M ME-379 - the original one i discovered back in 2009/2010 - you can look through my post history to see the comparison.
Thanks!

This might be a dumb question but does the color match close enough that I don't need to wrap all the trim pieces? Only the front driver side door trim and the center console trim have the cosmetic issue and the rest of trim pieces are in perfect condition.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered 3M 1080 BR230 Brushed Titanium last year to convert my woodgrain to something a little more modern looking. It came out lighter than I expected, more like a brushed aluminum, however, I’m pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered 3M 1080 BR230 Brushed Titanium last year to convert my woodgrain to something a little more modern looking. It came out lighter than I expected, more like a brushed aluminum, however, I’m pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the photos! I can see it’s brighter than original titanium color but looks great! 👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts