BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there :grinyes:

I was soooo tired of the OEM-e39 brake system... I hated the rubbing etc so I needed something new... A friend gave me a contact and I went to Germany to get a new BBK for my m5... It's the brake system from the e60 M5 :viking: with M6 wheels.

IT WORKS PERFECTLY! :2: Had to drive 630km down to Switzerland... No problems anymore, nothing. It doesn't matter if I step on the brake pedal @ 100kmh or 300kmh. PERFECT... I am so happy, I just can't describe it with words... :confused3 :flag:

For some updated pictures --> http://www.carpassion.com/de/usergarage.php?no=567

:)

Best regards

Richard

·
Registered
13,004 Posts
SirRichi said:
Hello there :grinyes:

I was soooo tired of the OEM-e39 brake system... I hated the rubbing etc so I needed something new... A friend gave me a contact and I went to Germany to get a new BBK for my m5... It's the brake system from the e60 M5 :viking: with M6 wheels.

IT WORKS PERFECTLY! :2: Had to drive 630km down to Switzerland... No problems anymore, nothing. It doesn't matter if I step on the brake pedal @ 100kmh or 300kmh. PERFECT... I am so happy, I just can't describe it with words... :confused3 :flag:

For some updated pictures --> http://www.carpassion.com/de/usergarage.php?no=567

:)

Best regards

Richard
Did you have the center hub on the wheel bored out or did you use an adapter?
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
343 Posts

Those wheels look incredible on the E39! Great job! (The brakes look great too!)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ KinMak

:grinyes:

Yes and no. For optical reasons perhaps yes. Perhaps no... :confused3 I really like it how it is right now, it is perfectly to drive @ 10km/h and above 250km/h. I have a lot of comfort, so I am sooo happy :viking:

I have a Kelleners coiloverkit... Anybody wants it? :grinyes: Got it from a friend and I am not going to put it in.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
SirRichi,
that is the phatest 520i I have ever seen! Good work.

Reactions: ArtE39M5

·
Registered
94 Posts
I tried the m6 wheels on my m5 which is anthracite and i wasn't to keen on them but they look awesome on yours,good work,gets the thumbs up from me

·
Registered
343 Posts
Any place to get the M6 wheels that fit the E39 in the US.

Curious to see what tht pricing would be like...they are drop dead gorgeous.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you guys cherrsagai :biggrinbounce:

@ Jenner

Talk to your BMW-dealership. They should give you a GOOD price if you are a customer there (bought the car there, do the inspections there etc). On Ebay there are some replica-wheels... Would never buy something like this. The M6-wheel is something around 10kgs per piece... And thats 19" :cheers:

Best regards

Richard

·
Registered
103 Posts
SirRichi said:
Thank you guys cherrsagai :biggrinbounce:

@ Jenner

Talk to your BMW-dealership. They should give you a GOOD price if you are a customer there (bought the car there, do the inspections there etc). On Ebay there are some replica-wheels... Would never buy something like this. The M6-wheel is something around 10kgs per piece... And thats 19" :cheers:

Best regards

Richard
Hi, where in germany did you go ? They look awesome and it's itching :haha2: .
What's the story with the Kellners coilovers ? I would like to drop my beast...do you have any specs on them ?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to a company called Manhart in Geilenkirchen (near Aachen). If you want to have some infos, just say you saw infos from the swiss M5 e39 with the 520i badge :biggrinbounce:

I bought a slightly used Kelleners coilover set (front around -20mm, rear -10 --> http://www.kelleners-sport.de/ ). It was used for something around 30000km. But i never installed it. If you want it, give me an offer via mail or PN, I don't need it.

Best regards

Richard

·
Registered
343 Posts
SirRichi said:
Talk to your BMW-dealership.
I didn't think the M6 wheel was a direct bolt on fit for the E39. Doesn't it have to be bored out to make it fit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
SirRichi said:
just say you saw infos from the swiss M5 e39 with the 520i badge :biggrinbounce:

Best regards

Richard
Hey Richard

Whats up with disguising a M5 with a 520 badge ? ... seems strange to me but I am sure you have your reasons :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
SirRichi,
Nice looking 520i, one of the fastest the board seen:hihihi:

Have you thought about putting black floor mats in the beast? I noticed your doors are carmel and black combo. Mine are all carmel, but I still changed the mats out for black and love the way it looks.

Nice job on the wheels, as you mentioned you have to have the wheels bored to fit. You will get a lot of questions on those.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
That is a fascinating idea! I don't particularly like the M6 wheels on that car, but that's just my opinion. You like them, that's what matters. What I DO like is that you did something unique and strange with your car. Nice! :clap:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Buccaneer said:
Hey Richard

Whats up with disguising a M5 with a 520 badge ? ... seems strange to me but I am sure you have your reasons :rolleyes: :)
Hello :)

Here in Switzerland, there are so many e36/e46/e39 with small engines (2.0l etc) with the full M-trim, with ultra loud exhausts and the M3 or M5 badges. I just wanted to do the opposite to these guys... :grinyes:

About the floor mats. Yes, I have been thinking about putting black ones in it. Do you have a photo of your interior with it gbogh3? :1zhelp: mmmmmm

Have a great day!

Regards

Richard

1 - 20 of 38 Posts