BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, this one is confusing me. So, as I'm sure many of us know, #49 was originally silver and in SF, then went to Seattle and was wrapped white with the black rims, then got unwrapped and sold, and is currently seen in LA occassionaly at Irvine Cars and Coffee. However, I was on reddit and a user posted a link to a blog where someone claims to own a car that is, as far as I can tell, physically identical to #49. The owner claims it to be #36 however, that the car was originally Euro-spec (as our records indicate) and that it has been in two accidents, had three owners, and cost her $650k when she bought it off DuPont Registry earlier this year. There are some photos of the car on her Tumblr blog, nothing super convincing though. So, I'm thinking either A) this person has formed a very elaborate and well thought out lie, B) there are currently two identical CCXs roaming around LA, with identical license plate surrounds even, or C) #49 went somewhere else and we mistook it for this car.

Has #36 been spotted recently? Owner claims that she thinks the VIN may have been messed with...?? And that the car was converted to US-spec by a third party. One thing I noticed was that the car has the updated 3-ring chronocluster, which wouldn't have been available when #36 was produced, so that had to be changed at some point.

Edit: More info/photos

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's a lie ;)

One easy way is to add up the numbers. If #049 is really #036, then what number is #036?. It cannot be #049, so only other number it could be would be #035. But what chassis is then #035? It cannot take the place of #049, so it would have to be pre-#030 wich is highly unlikely. And wich car takes the place of #049? It doesn't add up..
There are many other ways to disprove this (like that she says the car was repainted from black to silver, this car was never ever black, the black parts are either painted afterwards, or a wrap).

However, the final nail in the coffin is that both #036 and #049 are confirmed VINs, so theres no real point in arguing here ;)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
No doubt daydreaming, Google YT9XH33B88A007049, and soon check the very complete data page to be posted on #036 (great job by Stephan). They are two very separate cars! What about a Bugatti Taika? Have anyone ever heard of it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Both stories are fake haha, and the Bugatti Taika(?) Fake as well. That's a regular veyron, most likely from Pebble Beach or Quail judging by the tent it's set up next to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts