BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody!

I am talking about the cost of the M Driving Experience thru BMW USA in Spartensburg, SC. I cannot say enough positive things about the instructors, the facilities and the seat time!! What a way to spend three days!!!

I learned soooo much about myself and the car! Good instruction can go a long way! I would recommend it for anyone and at any skill level!! How often can you auto-cross on a sprinklered wet course??? Find out how the car performs with DSC off in total hydro-plain conditions??

I took many pictures, but none would convey the fun or learning experience that it was!! I am posting this to simple encourage anyone who might be on the bubble about going and for those who are skeptics to take another look. Anyone can email me or pm if they have more questions.

Thanks to all the staff and instructors at the BMW Performance Center!! :wroom: :cheers:
Robert R

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
That is my next present to myself, after I take delivery of my new M5..

I did a few courses like Skip Barber etc.. but everyone raves about the 3 day BMW course.. Thanks for adding to the glowing reviews again

·
Registered
188 Posts
rodman31 said:
Hey Everybody!

I am talking about the cost of the M Driving Experience thru BMW USA in Spartensburg, SC. I cannot say enough positive things about the instructors, the facilities and the seat time!! What a way to spend three days!!!

Rodman31

I thought that you can only take the BMW M Driving Experience when you buy a new M5. I tried to sign up but was told the classes were only for new BMW M5 owners?

GussM5

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
GussM5 said:
I thought that you can only take the BMW M Driving Experience when you buy a new M5. I tried to sign up but was told the classes were only for new BMW M5 owners?
Guss-

You're confusing the M5DE (M5 Driving Experience), which was included free to the purchasers of new E39 M5, with the various ///M Driving and Advanced Driving Experiences, that BMWNA puts on for a fee. As is described in the subject line, Rodman was referring to the non-free variety.

According to a few informed sources, (MrDrifter and WillWin2Day), the M5DE will resume shortly with the deliveries of the E60 M5. As far as I know, the E39M5DE no longer exists.

Hope that clears it up!

-Dave

·
Registered
153 Posts
GussM5 said:
rodman31 said:
Hey Everybody!

Rodman31

GussM5
You are refering to trying to attend the "M5 owners Driving Experience" And yes, for that you do have to be an owner. We also have a WIDE variety of other TUITION based schools such as the "M School" that Rodman31 attended.

If you would like more info feel free to PM me.

Ther is a LOT more driving in the M Schools than there is in the Owners DE.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not true!! They will take anybody interested and willing to pay the $3650. They also have an advanced school that is $4300. You can find the info at www.bmwusa.com, then go to the heading "experience" click on the drop down "performance center", then choose "M school". The phone number is 1 888 345 4269.
They only take 15 per class and they break you up into 3 groups 5 in each for some great personalized instruction. Hell, you don't even need to own a BMW to go!!

Did I mention the dual shower heads in the hotel room??? :flag: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
:cheers:

As a present, my wife gave sent me to the regular two day BMW driving school in SC a few years ago...It was then that I drove an M5 (at the time I had a 530) and knew I had to own one. I wasn't the most skilled driver on some of the tracks (kept plowing over the cones in the emergency lane change exercise), but learned alot about driving and about myself!

I would love to try the M driving school, thanks for the report!

·
Registered
97 Posts
dmz said:
$3650! That is a lot of open track DE events. :D
Yep, it's pricy compared to some other schools (and certainly DE events) but not so bad when you consider that you get to beat the heck out of THEIR M cars and there's so much driving time that you're actually exhausted (mentally and physically) at the end of each day. The instructors are great and extremely friendly. Overall the most fun I've ever had over 2.5 days.

I'm now saving my pennies (and working on the wife) for the Advanced M school. Sounds incredible.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Toolape, can you please email me. I am interested in hearing your Eisenmann exhaust in person. Thinking of doing the same thing.

[email protected]

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
toolape said:
Mr. Drifter,

I'm considering the $3650 2 day course. How does this compare to Skip Barber and/or Bondurant?

Thanks.
I'm in the same situation...considering M School and Skip Barber. Anyone done both of them or have any insights on how they would compare?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have not done the Skip Barber but I just came back from the Advanced M School which for the first time, was held at VIR (Virginia International Raceway), I did the "regular" M School last year and was really excited about the advanced one. In a nutshell, I can tell you that all my expectations were fulfilled. When I think about other schools (including Porsche Driving School), I end up thinking back to the one which will actually let me drive the cars I regularly use. The instructors are great, the seat time is perfect, the track was amazing, weather conditions not the best but hey, it is also fun to drive in a wet track, a heck of a time. A full review will be written by MEnthusiast.

MrDrifter: missed you down there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Glad you had a great time. I wish I had been there. I will be doing the one next month at Lowes motor speedway.

Motorsport said:
I have not done the Skip Barber but I just came back from the Advanced M School which for the first time, was held at VIR (Virginia International Raceway), I did the "regular" M School last year and was really excited about the advanced one. In a nutshell, I can tell you that all my expectations were fulfilled. When I think about other schools (including Porsche Driving School), I end up thinking back to the one which will actually let me drive the cars I regularly use. The instructors are great, the seat time is perfect, the track was amazing, weather conditions not the best but hey, it is also fun to drive in a wet track, a heck of a time. A full review will be written by MEnthusiast.

MrDrifter: missed you down there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts