BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkDdfA5MUUM?fs=1&hl=el_GR&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkDdfA5MUUM?fs=1&hl=el_GR&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only 800 whp.... which is nothing really. Alpha 12 GTR is running well over 1100 whp and rising....

·
Registered
361 Posts
only 800 whp.... which is nothing really. Alpha 12 GTR is running well over 1100 whp and rising....
800 whp = nothing? I know 1100 whp is more, but talking like 800 is nothing compared to 1100.. ??????

Still, nice video.:blink:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Texas Mile 2011 will take place in 3 months or so... You'd better get ready for big surprises. That Venom Viper trapped 220-225 mph, but there are GTRs aiming at 240! Stay tuned!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Obviously a scary fast car, but who is going to live with that as a DD? That to me is the magic of ther GTR. I think it will go down as one of the best bargains in performance automotive history.
So a GTR with 1200 hp can be used as a DD and that Venom Viper not? My guess is everyone with a car as fast as those 2, won't use them as DD. It would be crazy/foolish to drive them in the snow.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fact of the matter is that a 1200 hp Viper has far less traction than a 1200 hp GTR on the same tires. Driving in snow and ice is impossible for a 1200 hp Viper but a 1200 hp GTR on winter tires and with traction control ON, should drive with no problems at all. There are videos showing GTRs driving fast through ice and snow on youtube.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The fact of the matter is that a 1200 hp Viper has far less traction than a 1200 hp GTR on the same tires. Driving in snow and ice is impossible for a 1200 hp Viper but a 1200 hp GTR on winter tires and with traction control ON, should drive with no problems at all. There are videos showing GTRs driving fast through ice and snow on youtube.
Yes a Viper has less traction, but the question is also: who's goin' to drive his 1200 hp GTR in the snow or ice? A Bugatti Veyron (SS) should also be fast in the snow, but those cars aren't made for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts