BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Impossible to restore one for that price ! Car bought new by first and current owner in April 1982. C1 Modified by the BMW/Alpina
dealer Boerse (Frankfurt) by end April 1982 (a couple of days later). Almost never used until 1986 where it has been garaged
but for attending some rare Classic cars events. A nice one even if not a C1 from Buchloe from new !

323i C1

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
This is almost unbeliveble :eek7:

But ..is the car going to get the REAL ALPINA brief ?? ,, ?? i mean is the value as an oem C1 car ?? or is it as a Sytner car

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a Sytner car, it has been modified by a German Alpina dealer (BMW Alpina Boerse in Frankfurt) and this was very common during the early times to have a car modified at the Alpina dealer (and particularly for C1's 323i's !) To cut a story short : Not one of the original C1's that have been directly sold by Buchloe but a very interesting car which indeed is almost impossible to find in this condition !

·
Registered
203 Posts
It is interesting they did the motor work, exhaust and wheels and thats pretty much it. I wonder if the owner has the documentation to the work done at the dealer? Very nice looking car.
I believe Buchloe only produced 12 C1's. Most were done at the independent dealers.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Not a Sytner car, it has been modified by a German Alpina dealer (BMW Alpina Boerse in Frankfurt) and this was very common during the early times to have a car modified at the Alpina dealer (and particularly for C1's 323i's !) To cut a story short : Not one of the original C1's that have been directly sold by Buchloe but a very interesting car which indeed is almost impossible to find in this condition !
I know,, it was just the comparison,, Boerse modified this car as Sytner// TWR have done to older Uk Alpina cars

·
Premium Member
8,805 Posts
I know,, it was just the comparison,, Boerse modified this car as Sytner// TWR have done to older Uk Alpina cars
Yes. Same idea.

The E21 Alpinas always kept their BMW identity and don't have an Alpina chassisnumber.
The modifications were noted on the Fahrzeugbrief.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Yes. Same idea.

The E21 Alpinas always kept their BMW identity and don't have an Alpina chassisnumber.
The modifications were noted on the Fahrzeugbrief
Okey... so anyway this is a REAL car ((oem ALPINA )) even it was not made in Buchloe ;) ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts