BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
We had a trip over to Germany on the weekend and found a lovely stretch of de-restricted Autobahn, so mashed the pedal.

In the end, we managed to just touch 190mph / 305kph on the speedo. It looks less in the picture but that's because of the angle I was taking it from in the passenger seat.

It's the later V8, so the 347bhp version.

Video on YouTube here

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
nice, now put in to real figures you did about 175-178 mph:cheers:

·
Registered
240 Posts
incredibly quiet at speed, even seemed quieter than the other video of the B5 @ 300+ km/h... might just be the cam corder

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
incredibly quiet at speed, even seemed quieter than the other video of the B5 @ 300+ km/h... might just be the cam corder
the b10 v8 is quiet compared to a b5 which is alot louder

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Very impressive!

Should have been tempting to see what it was on the GPS and also tempting to chase you in an M5 E39 :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice to see you here Alex ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Very impressive!

Should have been tempting to see what it was on the GPS and also tempting to chase you in an M5 E39 :D

You crazy sweed!!!! Don't try this in France today, got flashed twice the same day last week end; @ 156 and 172 instead of 130... :byee55amg

·
Registered
885 Posts
Nice speed,well done.Next time try to hold the camera yourself like i did then we get a better view:hihi:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've tried holding it myself on a high-speed run before and I barely managed to get any shots of the actual speedo because I was being bumped about so much. That's also why I took the still picture to get a clear view of the speed.

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
I wish we had Autobahns :(

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
V8s is 380hp right>?

·
Registered
455 Posts
haha Cor-Jan

however we have very cunning police and blind corners that they like to lurk around...

·
Registered
885 Posts
haha Cor-Jan

however we have very cunning police and blind corners that they like to lurk around...
Yes,i understand.I'm not at ease myself at those speeds and i guess i'm lucky to have germany just around the corner.Still i like the Dutch roads much better.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts