BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed a 3.8 6 speed M5 for sale on Auto Trader today for 4350 pounds. Does anyone know the car? It seems very cheap for one of the 174 or so RHD 3.8 6 speeds made.??????

Comments??!

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is always a reason...., the usual suspects being high miles, eg. 200K+, limited history / some sort of blemish on the HPI history, cat D, C etc.

Could also be stolen/recovered (or just plain stolen !), note the, (IMHO), crap wheels...

Give the dealer a ring and just ask whats wrong with it....

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
M540i LE said:
I noticed a 3.8 6 speed M5 for sale on Auto Trader today for 4350 pounds. Does anyone know the car? It seems very cheap for one of the 174 or so RHD 3.8 6 speeds made.??????
Comments??!
Cheers
-
174 ? was it not 139 (only) ?? prices are very low just now but GBP 4350 is
extrem, is there an engine in that car ??????

·
Registered
162 Posts
M5touring reg said:
-
174 ? was it not 139 (only) ?? prices are very low just now but GBP 4350 is
extrem, is there an engine in that car ??????

IMHO...Of all the markets in the world for selling old M5s or any old performance car, the UK market is the worst (1. because there's a large availability of used M5 in the UK market, 2. because you can get a E39 M5 for less than 20K Pounds 3. because the UK market is saturated with used performance cars, and worst of all the gas price in the UK is ridiculous ($4 to $5 dollars a gallon[75% of cost is tax] truly ridiculous)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
That is for nothing

It must need everything ??????

Still CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi all, I saw the ad and rang the number, dealer in North London,
crept in and saw it today - stone chips, wrong wheel, paint and body damage, cloth trim, bit sad really. Ad at 4350 on the screen is 4889.00
looked like a tired car, shame.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Garcia said:
IMHO...Of all the markets in the world for selling old M5s or any old performance car, the UK market is the worst (1. because there's a large availability of used M5 in the UK market, 2. because you can get a E39 M5 for less than 20K Pounds 3. because the UK market is saturated with used performance cars, and worst of all the gas price in the UK is ridiculous ($4 to $5 dollars a gallon[75% of cost is tax] truly ridiculous)
-
[email protected] you have a point there and it is probably all relevant and true -
but who buys a E39 M5 for 20K GBP when you can have an -almost- mint condition E34 M5/M5touring for 10>14K ?? it will be -very- interesting to see IF not so far from now the average price for a E39 M5 will be below the price of a good condition E34 M5 (at least the 95-6-speed-cars) -
wishful thinking ?? (it does NOT really matter as I will NOT sell my -own-
car for that sort of money anyway :typing: hiha

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Me too!

I will keep mine unless i get a sensible price as it only costs £600 on insurance and is so good looking :eek: :eek: great to drive keeps a lot of "better" cars very honest and basically IMMACULATE with no faults(DVD player in for repair) :haha2:

:wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts