BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
With the bulge on the 295’s, with say -2 or - 3 degrees of rear camber do the tires fit within rear fender arches or stick out?

Also any special process needed in swapping an e46 equipped 3.62 ring and pinion in an e39 3.15 car?

Thanks
I haven't tried them on my M5, but I'd say no. These went on my E38 with H&R sport 2 springs and I had to roll the hell out of the fenders to get them to fit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks. I got 285’s to fit with heavy rolling and neg camber but thought that was limit on width. Would love to fit 295’s. Looks so good from rear.

Want to stay with stock wheel though.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Thanks. I got 285’s to fit with heavy rolling and neg camber but thought that was limit on width. Would love to fit 295’s. Looks so good from rear.

Want to stay with stock wheel though.
There was a guy a while ago who had an LS swapped (I think) 540 and was able to fit 315s in the rear on widened M-Parallels. I remember him not recommending it to anyone because he had to remove the fender liners and do non-standard suspension modifications.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
With the bulge on the 295’s, with say -2 or - 3 degrees of rear camber do the tires fit within rear fender arches or stick out?

Also any special process needed in swapping an e46 equipped 3.62 ring and pinion in an e39 3.15 car?

Thanks
Works ok on mine...just need to be mindful of the ride height and not run it too low. I haven't rolled arches on mine and not running any additional camber than what comes naturally as part of lowering the ride height a little.

Special process for installation...you should buy a new crush washer and carefully set the preload on the pinion shaft....Google will tell you loads more than I can :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I kind of attempted to do this, but I find it too hard to hold a camera on the speed while going full throttle and steering/shifting gears.

I'll see what I can do this weekend if I get a chance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Please do. Other members and I will greatly appreciate it. I actually have an E46 M3 differential sitting in my garage. I'm definitely interested in this modification.

Thank you

·
Registered
92 Posts
I kind of attempted to do this, but I find it too hard to hold a camera on the speed while going full throttle and steering/shifting gears.

I'll see what I can do this weekend if I get a chance.
Mount a GoPro / Action Camera in the car and then you don’t need to hold a camera and drive at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts