BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
big fra said:
Off-topic!

Arent you the dude on the mlr who is racing in the ginneta's and you have a tasty e34m5:byebye:
Close - but no cigar!!

I'm the dude on the MLR alright, and I DO have an e34 M5 - Avus Blue 6 speeder.........

But I race a Sylva Striker in the 750 Motor Club Kit Car Championship - well at least I DID do until a month ago when a MAJOR shunt at Pembrey put me out for the rest of the season..............

You get about a bit on the internet then big fra??!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I sold my Tommi for the M5 and too be honest have never looked back!I had the M5 for a couple of weeks but i still had the Evo and when i drove the Evo after the M5 i thoughthmmm.It's just the build quality on the Evo that i didn't like and you can't beat Large engine power:flag:

I race in the Sports and Saloons in Scotland in my RS500(Engine blown again thoughouich)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
big fra said:
I sold my Tommi for the M5 and too be honest have never looked back!I had the M5 for a couple of weeks but i still had the Evo and when i drove the Evo after the M5 i thoughthmmm.It's just the build quality on the Evo that i didn't like and you can't beat Large engine power:flag:

I race in the Sports and Saloons in Scotland in my RS500(Engine blown again thoughouich)

I ALWAYS wanted a Tommi - red with the decals, but not now! It's the build quality thing with me too - I used to think Jap stuff was well put together, but it's not! It's sh1te!!

Agree with you 100% about the engines too - mine's only 3.8, but you simply cannot beat naturally aspirated power.

My M5 is probably slower than my old Evo 1 (305bhp/300lbft) to 100mph, but then it just keeps going where the Evo would run out of steam.

Do you get to any races in England? Maybe Northern Sports & Saloons or Ace Vehicle Deliveries (or whatever it's called these days!) would be good for you - northern based - well, northern ENGLAND anyway!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Northern Sports and Saloon's race at knockhill for a round and our's used to race at croft but not anymore:grrrrr:
The problem with the Sports and Saloon's is you will win if you have the cash to win(Like all Motorsport's then:confused3).I was racing against a 911 GT2 ex Le Mans racer,even in a Cossie with 500 Horses you cant get near that.He even used to bring up 4 mechanic's to each meet from his Dealer(Glenvargill Porsche:3:)to fix his car if anything went wrong!If anything went wrong for me it was back on a trailer and cry the whole way home:crying:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Rob I think I passed you going over Mere (A556?) on Monday morning - headed towards the M6. I was heading the other direction.

It was an Avus 3.8 with a white tow flap on the back so I guessed it was you!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ste said:
Rob I think I passed you going over Mere (A556?) on Monday morning - headed towards the M6. I was heading the other direction.

It was an Avus 3.8 with a white tow flap on the back so I guessed it was you!
Yes Ste! Indeed it was.

You've managed to get another one then?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Rob Plummer said:
You've managed to get another one then?
Not yet. It's a 525 Sport unfortunately. I bought it as a stand-in as it was fitted with the concealable towbar.

It's a nice car though - full M5 spec (except for the engine!) with all genuine parts. Even the clocks, boot lock, boot bins, etc, etc are genuine M5. Best thing it was £1,100. Only plus from the M5 is that I get about 32mpg on a run. :haha:

Since the picture I've added Hella smoked front lights which I think look superb.

I've still got my eyes peeled for the right M5 though. I know I don't want a red one though as this 525 attracts much too much attention! Will have to be another Macau, or Black I think.

Sorry to hear you crashed the racer, What happened? I blew my engine up in qualifying at Brands Hatch. New engine should be in and running by the Silverstone festival in 2 weeks though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts