BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these interchangable? I know the 3.8's use EDC but would a spring for a 3.6 car fit a 3.8 car with EDC shocks?

I've been looking at springs for my 6 speed car which is still on its EDC setup but i'd like to lower the front a touch and H&R list a spring for 3.6 and 3.8 cars

They also list a kit for 3.6 and 3.8 cars but without leveling suspension. So the rears won't work as SLS springs and non are usually an inch or two different in height!!

Just wondering about the fronts as you can buy just the fronts from H&R on german ebay . My EDC shocks are in good condition so i don't want to remove it and the SLS. Eibach don't list anything for 3.8 cars or 3.6 it seems looking on their website direct.

I'm sure many have been here before but thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Kal, here is what i think. 29579-1 is the number i want which is just listed as front springs and includes 3.8 cars aswell as tourings in this listing

2x H&R Tieferlegungsfedern VA BMW 5er E34 M5 Lim./Touring 30mm aus Satz 29579-1 | eBay

So i take it these work with EDC as its only a listing for the fronts. So no SLS or not things to worry about. My understanding has always been that the EDC cars had SLS also whether touring or saloon.

Also you can adjust the rear ride height on any SLS cars with the sensor than mounts to the rear anti roll bar

·
Registered
174 Posts
I tested site re compatibility on my 1990 3.6, plus the 1992 and 1995 3.8 - the site claims ok for all, so seems safe bet, hth.
k

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Keith, i will take pics Kal

I might have the option of getting my hands on a hartge setup. This is EDC delete but i'd keep all the stock parts anyhow. I've seen the car its on and its low!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Right i got round to fitting these today see what you think

So these are the pair i bought from Germany

As you can see the H&R spring is a little shorter and wound progressively - which i like myself from using them on E30's

Onto the money shots of before and after

Perfect if you ask me, its defo dropped the front a good 20-25mm as stated. I wouldn't want it lower myself as its a road car. After taking her out for a run i can't say it rides any harder at all. They ride quite hard a standard anyhow. It was wet so no camparison in terms of any slight handling changes yet

I think it sits spot on now, happy camper!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts