BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Re: Wnna see some wicked M5 pics..........

They must have been driving like that guy working over that silverstone II in Europe that almost took out the street sign (and his friends who were filming).:crying:

·
Registered
213 Posts

what a fkn waste. Honestly, it's not like there's many of them around and they're already getting trashed.

·
Registered
255 Posts

aww i was gonna post this o well... here another idiot cant handle the power of the M5

·
Registered
2,564 Posts

Wow, that sucks. Some idiots out there. I'll only not call him an idiot if he was avoiding an endangered animal or some 5 year old kids. What a waste...
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

There seem to be a high percentage of the limited number of brand new M5s getting trashed early. Hopefully everyone is walking away --probably not all. I hope people learn to respect the power of this car and drive it hard but safe, and in the right environment. It should be very capable in saving your rear-end if allowed to while learning how it drives. I bet most of these accidents are with DSC off, and the pedal to the metal until an object is hit, or control lost. I can tell my insurance will reflect the poor decisions of others. Again, I hope the safety features have helped keep most alive.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

When I begged for months for pics of a Black on Black M5,I did not expect to get them finally in THAT way!!

·
Registered
955 Posts

this actually happens close to where i live in Taiwan.

i think this might be one of the very first M5 in Asia Pacific, if not the first. it arrived Taiwan last week, the accident happened just few days after it past Taiwanese car inspection. so at the time when accident happened, the car only has temporary testing license plate, and has no insurance on the car (Taiwanese car insurance is on car, rather than driver like North America). and the accident happened during a magazine road test against E55 AMG.

the driver was trying to take a corner with very uneven road surface, and lost the backend, hit the divider, flip the car 3 and a half rotations, and stopped by a tree. 3 passengers were in the car, 2 of which walk away without a single scratch, 1 has a minor scratch on his arm.

car is total, as it's structure is damaged beyond repair, but no one was seriously hurt. M5 is defintley a very safe car.

the magazine that's responsible for this on the other hand, will have to pay for the car, which worth a bit more than 200k USD. since there car didn't have insurance yet at the time of the accident.

·
Registered
113 Posts

so E55 won right? I bet thats because it has softer suspension lol

Good to hear everyone is alrite.

·
Registered
955 Posts

test said:
so E55 won right? I bet thats because it has softer suspension lol

Good to hear everyone is alrite.
i don't know, and i really doubt i'll be able to see that review in magazine anytime soon, if ever. :confused3

·
Registered
213 Posts

M6 Forever said:
Could have been much worse, I mean, luckily it wasn't an M6 ...
lol.

I think it's a testament to BMW production that they all got away with very minor injuries. But it's a shame that another M5 has been written off in such a way. I'd like to see more of them going to customers, and not getting thrashed/abused like this.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dead M5

test said:
so E55 won right? I bet thats because it has softer suspension
They say driver was distracted looking for the Power button when the E55 taxi overtook him.

Seriously I'm curious if the traction control was on or off. Unless one is a professional driver, it's better off to have it on as a safety net with these powerful cars.

Did I see the photographer/test driver wearing slippers? Somehow I would never trust these kids with my car, regardless which magazine they work for.

http://linshi.twbbs.org/gallery/album1419/abf

·
Registered
623 Posts

Well **** happens! Lucky enough no one was hurt.

By the way, guy in the picture looks like a women. Accident probably changed him a bit.

·
Registered
271 Posts

Anglas said:
By the way, guy in the picture looks like a women. Accident probably changed him a bit.
Pleased to see I was not the only one who thought that...hmmm

1 - 20 of 67 Posts