BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my car finally arrived in Germany, I was able to drive it home but it's not running the way it was the last time I drove it back in VA. It's worth noting that it basically sat from mid July until 10 days ago or so. The battery must have died at some point. When I first started it it has increased emissions, Tpms, set date time, etc. I hooked it up to a battery charger/reconditioner, hoping it was due to low voltage Gremlins. I pulled the codes, cleared them and started it. Most are gone but it's going into limp mode after 20-30secs of driving and the following codes are back. Also worth noting that I attempted to replace the spark plugs only to find 3 coils with varying degrees of damage which I'm expecting to destroy on removal. I removed the other 7 coils, greased them and put them back in while I wait for replacement coils to arrive. I don't think I missed anything putting it all back together but maybe I forgot to reattach something along the way. I'm thinking the throttle actuator has failed, but it is strange to me that it would have happened while just sitting. I've attached both Carly reports, any input is greatly appreciated.

Fault Code: 002B2E
Fault Explanation: Idle speed control initialization Bank 1
Fault Code: 002B35
Fault Explanation: Misfiring with shutdown Zyl1

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, switched coils 1 & 2 and the fault switched to cylinder 2 (and maintained 2B2E) so I'm guessing that coil died in transit, or something broke internally when I removed it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for the sake of closing this out I got the bad coil swapped out and everything is back to normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts