BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the gas station earlier today putting air in the tires. When I got to the rear, I noticed that my tire edges were cut up in some parts along the outer edge. It doesn't look like it was cut through enough that air would bleed out. I guess that it's official, 285 tires are too wide to fit under the rear fender. I did have mine rolled a while back. My question to you folks is, should I try driving the car down to Bimmerfest in Santa Barbara with these cuts in place? I'm considering driving the MINI Cooper instead and getting 275 tires instead when I get back. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Pics would help, but if it is a cut deep enough that you can really notice it, then I would say pass and take the Cooper. At a minimum, keep the speed down.

·
Registered
767 Posts
atomic80 said:
I was at the gas station earlier today putting air in the tires. When I got to the rear, I noticed that my tire edges were cut up in some parts along the outer edge. It doesn't look like it was cut through enough that air would bleed out. I guess that it's official, 285 tires are too wide to fit under the rear fender. I did have mine rolled a while back. My question to you folks is, should I try driving the car down to Bimmerfest in Santa Barbara with these cuts in place? I'm considering driving the MINI Cooper instead and getting 275 tires instead when I get back. What do you guys think?

Drive from WA state with this continueing problem? Don't do it, it's not worth getting stranded with a sidewall blowout.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Take it to the Tire shop and ask them. Hopefully they will say that it is insignificant and tires aren't comprimised.

i was hoping to see that LMB!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts