BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I hope one of you might be able to help . My car keeps throwing up this fault code .
The car runs fine and does not throw engine management light. I replaced one of the sensors on this bank with one I had knocking about .
Am I right in thinking there are 2 camshaft sensors per bank?
Also my car in a uk car so bank 2 is the passenger side ?
When the weather gets better I plan on swapping one sides sensors to the other and see if I still get the same fault , in the mean time is this anything to worry about ?
Any advice is greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same code "27B6" on my 2007 M6. the car drives just fine, altough the CEL is on, waiting on a friend of mine to get the solenoids test via INPA software....
does your car have a rattling noise coming from your vanos area?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it does not rattle at all . It’s quite strange as the code has not appeared the last time couple of times I have driven the car. Please post if you get any answers . I will be taking my car to a diagnostic expect next month just as a precaution to make sure nothing is wrong .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
That would almost seem to me to indicate a problem in either the wiring going to the solenoid or the h-bridge that's driving the solenoid inside the DME.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Matty.13
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing