Registered
211 Posts
Thanks! Any tips along the way?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Any tips along the way?
Geez, I could write a book on what I've done to the car in the 11 plus years of owning it - best car that I have ever owned but the maintenance costs have been astronomical.

Tips? - drive it hard - enjoy it but, don't spend much time at all above 6K rpm - save that engine.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Congrats on reaching a major Milestone! Please share service history, as this will sure become de facto M5 maintainance bible, or even a BMW museum piece.

Reactions: tranck

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks. This is the best car I have ever owned and I have no idea what I would replace it with. Long live the S62 as long as we can keep it going.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I Love to see posts like this and hope someday I can do one too! Congratulations on staying with her and not buying into our throw away society's need for constant renewal! Well done sir.

What was your biggest "Jeez I am sure glad I changed that" fix?

Reactions: Terabass and tranck

·
4,388 Posts
Geez, I could write a book on what I've done to the car in the 11 plus years of owning it - best car that I have ever owned but the maintenance costs have been astronomical.

Tips? - drive it hard - enjoy it but, don't spend much time at all above 6K rpm - save that engine.
what was your favorite mile...:haha:

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I've always wondered what happens when the odometer gets to 999,999 and then you go that next mile.. ? :)

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Tom, have you stepped back from that misguided plan to sell that beauty? :)

Dave

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congratulations you made it ten times around the world. When mile stone like this comes around it shows to me you take great care of your car.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Impressive! Thanks for the pic!

Reactions: tranck

·
Registered
253 Posts
i actually find this fairly inspirational.

not too mention reassuring after all the worry about rod bearings et al...

as other have said it would be great to know what maintenance you have carried out.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I Love to see posts like this and hope someday I can do one too! Congratulations on staying with her and not buying into our throw away society's need for constant renewal! Well done sir.

What was your biggest "Jeez I am sure glad I changed that" fix?
Most of the things kind of "told" me that they were bad - one of the things that I did proactively was replace the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tom, have you stepped back from that misguided plan to sell that beauty? :)

Dave
Hi Dave - well with over 4,000 views in the For Sale section and no offers plus, I just change the brake calipers and lines and I "think" that I finally fixed the steering wheel wobble upon braking, the old girl might hit 275,000 or dare I say 300,000.

Tom

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i actually find this fairly inspirational.

not too mention reassuring after all the worry about rod bearings et al...

as other have said it would be great to know what maintenance you have carried out.
I did have a spun rod bearing at 100,000 miles - no engine problems since.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I hit 150 MPH once...and only once - getting too old for that anymore.

BITE YOUR TONGUE! ;)

I'm older than you, and I still enjoy cruising at 150mph lovelove

(although I admit I do try choose the lonely road time of day/day of the week)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts