BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

340 posts and counting

this was all after I dropped out.

Leading up to my decision I was sure that Mary Bara had released the best and brightest to work on this project due to the huge positive impact this could have for GM.

A golden opportunity squandered .

Covid19 May have had the biggest impact on the launch failure, perhaps the best and brightest stayed home at the critical junctures
Just skimmed through it. The C8 is a mess. Not sure all the issues will be resolved by 2021 with COVID and all. Too bad as it is a great car.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
@gmtegear
All very well said, I hope you do not loose interest in this forum, I consider you one of the top contributors on the knowledge front

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The membership and participation of car forums is really interesting. You can really see how the topic of discussions really changes over time and reflect the owners very well. I’m much more of a sports coupe vs large sedan guy, my path to owning my 1st M5 was looking at M3s and the prices finally got to a point where the decision was simple, why buy an M3 when I can get an M5. I know that on a cost to own/repair basis M5s are expensive but most of the flaws I can address myself. The whole fact that the software tools are out there to diagnose, recode, and reprogram these things is a huge. It is IMHO only the reason these things are worth more than the weight of scrap metal.

For this forum, I’ll be kicked off before I get rid of all my M5s, I’m only one strike away, but I find myself more on the other car forums looking at new projects once I free up more space.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts