BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am new to the forum but have heard amazing things and wanted some advice if possible.
I own a 2016 M5 competition package with 31k miles. It is currently under factory warranty until April and I got quoted $3k for a new two year power train warranty or $6k for a two year bumper to bumper warranty. I would like to hear advice on what you guys think is best? Are they very reliable cars? Is it money well spent? Are there better priced warranties available? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I just went through this after buying my F10 private party. The warranty options are more limited if you don't purchase it through a dealership when you buy the car.

I ended up going with Patriot warranty 5/50 Premier Elite for a similar price as your 2 year quote. Not an exclusionary policy, but those are hard to come by these days.

Fidelity and First Guard only sell through a dealership.
I did get a quote from Toco Warranty, who is a broker for Warrantech, who I used in the past with good results.
Also got a quote from Concord Auto Protect. Both roughly 100 / month.
Route 66 and Easy Care was prohibitively expensive.
Endurance doesn't cover our cars anymore.
I did not check with Carchex or Carshield.

If you go with Patriot tell them Clint from Houston referred you :)

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Look into Axiom

·
Registered
8 Posts
As you already know or have yet to find out. Repairs, replacement parts are quite expensive for your vehicle. I own a 2007 M6 E64. And a X6 E71. I used 2 different ext. warranty companies. My experience was. They gladly repaired both my vehicles once on low cost repairs. When my wife's X6 needed some costly work. They cancelled our policy saying the tires on the vehicle were not the spec tires. Which is a crock of ****. Since BMW offers different size rims
/tires. For instance my wife has the Msprt package. So it has the same staggered look and wide tires as the M class. To make a long story short. In my experience with these aftermarket warranties. They will scam you take your money and look for a loophole to cancel your an when the shop sends them a quote worth a few k which is what these policies generally run you.If you own a 100k dollar car you will have 100k cad problems. Save your money find a damn hood Indy shop, and stay on top of your regular and preventive maintenance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts