BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning the annual pilgrimage to TimmayFest again this year. If you are in Michigan, Ontario (if you're coming through MI) Northern Ohio or other places and are planning on attending this year please add your name and ride to the list.

My plan, as of now, is to depart from the usual Costco in Madison Heights around 1:30 to allow time to arrive at the Polaris Hilton with time to relax before dinner at 7:00 on Thursday, 11 June.

TimmayFest : http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/usa-northeast-forum/430674-official-timmayfest-2015-thread-let-s-do.html#post5562538

Here is the route, for now, I am open to changing this if anyone has a better one.

Please copy the list to your reply and add your Name, City, and any preference for departure, and your ride:
1. AGM5, Grosse Pointe Woods, Mi., e39 Anthracite M5

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One confirmed non-forum member.
2. Jennifer, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI., e93 Sparkling Graphite 328i

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Is Jenny bringing her car, or is she ride along? Always a fan of more BMWs.....you know, since I don't bring mine :shakemitkopf::reallypissed:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is Jenny bringing her car, or is she ride along? Always a fan of more BMWs.....you know, since I don't bring mine :shakemitkopf::reallypissed:
Yes, yes she is. The down side is now I have two to get properly clean.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I might join this caravan if I decide to leave on Thursday. You might want to change the route though. There is about 40 miles of ongoing construction just south of the 475/75 split on the south side of Toledo going down I75. Trucks are required to stay left in this zone and the right lane is rough, likely to be mud and rocks to be pelted with as well from construction traffic, and a 60 MPH speed limit to boot where someone no doubt will go 55MPH next to a truck for miles on end. No shoulders for E60 owners like myself to break down in either. :) I haven't been down this road for about 2 weeks but I really think it is unlikely to be any better in June. I75 through Toledo right now isn't great either...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might join this caravan if I decide to leave on Thursday. You might want to change the route though. There is about 40 miles of ongoing construction just south of the 475/75 split on the south side of Toledo going down I75. Trucks are required to stay left in this zone and the right lane is rough, likely to be mud and rocks to be pelted with as well from construction traffic, and a 60 MPH speed limit to boot where someone no doubt will go 55MPH next to a truck for miles on end. No shoulders for E60 owners like myself to break down in either. :) I haven't been down this road for about 2 weeks but I really think it is unlikely to be any better in June. I75 through Toledo right now isn't great either...
Thank you. This is goo to know. Do you have any thoughts on a better route?

·
Registered
173 Posts
If it were me, I would veer off onto 280S when you enter OH, go S to US20, E to either US23 or OH53. I would take OH53 S because its a bit more pleasant and it will join back up with US23 in Upper Sandusky. If you take this route when going through Woodville, OH follow the speed limit precisely! :)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mhmm interesting...
You should do this.:grin

3. Shiv (possible), Troy, Mi., e39 Jet Black M5

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Count me in.

3. Shiv (possible), Troy, Mi., e39 Jet Black M5
4. CrazyJew89 (aka Ben), Beverly Hills, MI, E39 M5 (aka PP):hihi:;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts