BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please advise on lease. I am looking at a 2014 M5 Sakhir Orange , Manual, with Driver Assistance Plus, Executive Package, and Competition Package. I see lots of good threads of members helping other members out so I would truly appreciate any assistance on shooting for the best price I can on this car. Below I have listed the 2 options proposed to me by the dealer in VA. This vehicle has been on their lots for months now.

MSRP: $107,825. 12k miles/ year 36 months.

1st Option:
Negotiated Price $99,847
Money Factor: .00130
Residual: .60 for 12k miles/year
MD Taxes: $6190.56
Tags: $317
Monthly: $1421

2nd Option 7 MSD (Multiple Security Deposits)
Negotiated Price $99,847
MSDs: $9100 (1300x7)
Money Factor: .00050
Residual: .60 for 12k miles/year
MD Taxes: $6190.56
Tags: $317
Monthly: $1283.03

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Mack, could be a typo but you are about $2,000 off on the MSRP on that car. A car with those options plus the gas guzzler tax and destination fees puts you at 109,825, which is right about where mine was give or take a couple hundred dollars. I will have to look over my deal again as I am out of town so I can't right this moment but my payment is $1186.84 including all monthly taxes. I lease in San Diego county and have the same 12k for 36 months. Only difference I see here is I paid $3,500 as the drive off cash due at inception. First moths payment and some dealer fees, cap reduction, standard BS. I think the biggest difference here is the 2k or so that went into cap reduction. I told the dealer I didn't care how he massaged the numbers but if he wanted the deal it had to be under $1200.00 and no more than $3,500 drive off. :nono: If you are not looking to come out of pocket any cash, that doesn't look like a bad deal for what you are getting.

My car is on the water right now as he had to have it custom built with my options. Singapore grey on Sakhir Orange. Driver assistance plus, Executive pkg, Bang and Olufsen sound, lighting pkg, Apple iPhone cradle adapter, 343M forged black light alloy wheels with performance tires.

·
Registered
729 Posts
In Illinois you can get tax removed on a Lease car. They have tax incentives, you should see if they can do that for you. They did it on my 13' 328i which netted me a nice 3.5k savings.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
In Illinois you can get tax removed on a Lease car. They have tax incentives, you should see if they can do that for you. They did it on my 13' 328i which netted me a nice 3.5k savings.
What do you mean by "removed"?
Either way, it has to be paid up front in full (based on sale price) or can be included in monthly payment.

·
Registered
729 Posts
What do you mean by "removed"?
Either way, it has to be paid up front in full (based on sale price) or can be included in monthly payment.
You are wrong. That is a false statement. I can't say that this is the same way in every state, but in illinois this is how it works. Since BMW financial is technically the owner on every lease, when a lease is returned and a new car isn't purchased, that car can actually be used as a trade on *any* new lease by anyone. So when I bought my 2013 328i, Someone had returned a 335i and they used that against my car. The total of the car was like 61k which exceeded the value of my car(46k,) so taxes weren't added to my total. Every dealer in Illinois can offer this exact tax credit from previous trade ins from other customers as long as the return is a lease and the new purchase is a lease as well.

Nick

Reactions: Bimmerican

·
Registered
184 Posts
You are wrong. That is a false statement. I can't say that this is the same way in every state, but in illinois this is how it works. Since BMW financial is technically the owner on every lease, when a lease is returned and a new car isn't purchased, that car can actually be used as a trade on *any* new lease by anyone. So when I bought my 2013 328i, Someone had returned a 335i and they used that against my car. The total of the car was like 61k which exceeded the value of my car(46k,) so taxes weren't added to my total. Every dealer in Illinois can offer this exact tax credit from previous trade ins from other customers as long as the return is a lease and the new purchase is a lease as well.

Nick

Very well done...loopholes friends are how the 1% remains the 1% and the rest of us are still chasing our tails...:hihi:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts