BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Great forum with lots of information. I searched but was unable to find details about my issue.

Have a 2013 BMW M5 F10 with the SMG Transmission. The 2014+ LCI Steering wheel looks much better then the 2013 and thus was swapped in its place. All other buttons work except for the paddles.

The paddles that came on the 2014+ LCI Steering wheel are giving a code of 80342D, which notes Shift paddles (SMG): paddle sticks.

I thought it was a programming issue, and added 2TB to the FA via Esys, and coded it for ICM, and SZL, I was unable to code it to EGS and GWS.

When upgrading to the 2014+ LCI wheel with Paddles, does the computer need code changes like above, or possibly are the paddles bad?

Appreciate any advice,

Rales

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Craze,

Thank you for your reply, looking at the FA file you are correct I have a 2MK_M_DCT_WITH_DRIVELOGIC. I guess I got confused as the code is for SMG??

I have added the 2TB code, but am unable to edit the SZL to activate, as it appears my PSdZData is incomplete and I am working to update that and then reactivate. Hopefully that solves the issue.

Is there something else that needs to be done to use the DCT trans with the LCI Steering wheel and Paddles? I saw something about the 2013 paddles are switches, but the 2014+ have resisters and thus will be seen as a short if not programmed correctly? Maybe they are not compatible?

Still learning BMW's so apologize if my terminology is a little off.

Thanks
Rales

1 - 3 of 3 Posts